What's new

Where does Gobert rank out of the entire NBA ?

Stifle, take Hayward or Favors out of the equation and see how good we would be playing. Rudy is the newest piece to the puzzel it doesnt make hime the whole picture. I think you need to be evaluated if you think Rudy is better than Hayward.

You all are seeing whar we are doing as a team and giving rudy all the credit. And no I didnt vote for Kobe as an all star I hate Kobe. Im just not going to make stupidly bold predictions because of a 7game stretch that our whole team earned credit for.

Your probably a guy that though Jeremy Lin was going to be a hall o famer because of his stint in NY. Could Rudy be in future talks for All-Defense or even DPOY? Maybe, in a few years. MVP? Probably never i. His career so lets stop making gold from silver.
Nope. never bought into the Lin hype. And I'm not saying Gobert will be as great as Kobe, Dirk, etc. The question is simply projecting who is the most valuable right now and in the near future. Many simply look at the box scores. I get that. It's easy to look at Gordo getting close to 20/5/5 and say that's much more impressive than Gobert's 8/12 (or whatever it is over the recent set of games). Offense is always "sexier."

Sure, it's a team effort on defense. But read what Hayward or some of the others have said about Rudy. Having Gobert back there to clean up mistakes enables them to take more chances, to be more aggressive. Rudy got schooled a little by Lopez tonight. But every game you watch, you see players stopping their penetration, bringing the ball back down instead of shooting, or altering their shots to get it over the arms of Gobert. Those things DON'T show up in the box score UNLESS you go to advanced metrics like the rim protection %. Rudy is #1 in that area; he's elite. He FOR SURE will be in talks for All-defense and DPOY. Might even make second or third team THIS year. Personally, I hope he doesn't. Because he's motivated by perceived slights. And no, I never see him winning MVP. But I don't think any of us said he IS or WILL BE the best player in the league.

Nope. never bought into the Lin hype. And I'm not saying Gobert will be as great as Kobe, Dirk, etc. The question is simply projecting who is the most valuable right now and in the near future. Many simply look at the box scores. I get that. It's easy to look at Gordo getting close to 20/5/5 and say that's much more impressive than Gobert's 8/12 (or whatever it is over the recent set of games). Offense is always "sexier."

Sure, it's a team effort on defense. But read what Hayward or some of the others have said about Rudy. Having Gobert back there to clean up mistakes enables them to take more chances, to be more aggressive. Rudy got schooled a little by Lopez tonight. But every game you watch, you see players stopping their penetration, bringing the ball back down instead of shooting, or altering their shots to get it over the arms of Gobert. Those things DON'T show up in the box score UNLESS you go to advanced metrics like the rim protection %. Rudy is #1 in that area; he's elite. He FOR SURE will be in talks for All-defense and DPOY. Might even make second or third team THIS year. Personally, I hope he doesn't. Because he's motivated by perceived slights. And no, I never see him winning MVP. But I don't think any of us said he IS or WILL BE the best player in the league.

Keeping teams under 85 points on average is a historically elite Defense, not best in the league, but one of the BEST EVER. Not one of the players that Joel listed has been a part of something like that, let alone be the driving force for it in their SECOND season. Rudy isn't going to be waiting in line too long for those all defensive honors.