What's new

Where does Gobert rank out of the entire NBA ?

Hotdog

Gobert is quickly rising in value in the NBA. Where do rank him? Combine future and right now rankings

My rankings......

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Anthony Davis
4. Steph Curry
5. Rudy Gobert
6. Russell Westbrook
7. James Harden
8. Everyone else

I know Westbrook and Harden are a lot more talented, and so are a lot of other players, but I think Rudy has a bigger impact. I'd honestly rather build my team around him if given the choice. Westbrook has the talent to be the best player in the NBA, but I'm not sure he'll ever get out of his own way. Harden doesn't bring enough defense.

It's crazy to think about. We actually snagged a top player in the league. Disagree? Tell me why.

Seriously.
Would not trade him for the #1 pick in upcoming draft.
Not sure I trade him for any great young NBA talent out there, like A Davis.
He is a very special unique talent right now.

Defense is elite. Showing signs of generational.
Rebounding is great/elite. Maybe not Dennis Rodman, Kevin Love, or Kareem level but is rebounding is still superb.
Passing is good and improving. His TO are going down while his assists are going up.
Scoring is good enough for a bigman. Can hit freethrows at a decent clip is no Shaq, Andre Drummond, Steven Adams, or Wilt Chamberlain. Isn't a liability.

He is not injury prone. He is still young. If he develops his offense like Anthony Davis was able to or how Hakeem was able to he will be the consensus best center in the league. He is already in the conversation as one of the best already.

I really like Gobert but I think a few of you need to put down the Kool-Aid and call a cab.
01b7ce5fe4fdec81ebe46a950faab851.jpg

I was looking at the All-Star rosters the other day and kind of thinking the same thing. There certainly wasn't anybody on the East outside of LeBron that was tempting. You can toss the smaller players out for me too - I have no problems saying I would take Gobert over Curry, Westbrook, and Harden.

I was looking at the All-Star rosters the other day and kind of thinking the same thing. There certainly wasn't anybody on the East outside of LeBron that was tempting. You can toss the smaller players out for me too - I have no problems saying I would take Gobert over Curry, Westbrook, and Harden.

I debated Curry too, but ultimately couldn't put Rudy above him because I like him so much. Curry is a really special player. Best shooter ever imo. But, there is a case to be made that Rudy would be better for a team because of his size and impact on the game.

Glad you get it though. It really would be hard choosing very many players over him. He's shutting down the best bigs in the game right now. Marc Gasol looks pedestrian playing against him.