What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, Leonard straight up isn't getting traded (and we're not the team with the assets to pull it off anyway).
If only we still had George Hill to send back to San Antonio. Or if we had a time machine and helped KOC make the obvious choice.

Can you imagine Rodney and Jabbari both on the jazz?

The training staff overtime budget would have to be increased.

Bender is also a great tank move.

All of this assumes Phoenix is ready ENOUGH to trade him for a much more productive player that's not as young and is coming up on RFA. I'd say there is potential for both sides to look like fools longterm, which says to me that it's worth looking into (a bit of a silly idea, I know).

Juan Hernangomez is the odd man out with the glut of PFs in Denver. I wonder if they would move him for cheap. I would give them a 2nd for him. I am not sure what the trade would be for him. There is not much they would want from us and visa versa. I guess Barton would be nice but he is a UFA and I doubt they want to give him up right now.

Bender is also a great tank move.

All of this assumes Phoenix is ready ENOUGH to trade him for a much more productive player that's not as young and is coming up on RFA. I'd say there is potential for both sides to look like fools longterm, which says to me that it's worth looking into (a bit of a silly idea, I know).

I don't think it's a silly idea.. I just can't really see "it" in Bender. I don't know I haven't seen a lot of him though.

Juan Hernangomez is the odd man out with the glut of PFs in Denver. I wonder if they would move him for cheap. I would give them a 2nd for him. I am not sure what the trade would be for him. There is not much they would want from us and visa versa. I guess Barton would be nice but he is a UFA and I doubt they want to give him up right now.

I'd imagine they'd like to attach Hernangomez to a deal to get off money next year, like Faried or Chandler.

EDIT: If they were to move him I mean.

I'm not that high on Bender. Hood is a proven starter in the NBA. Rubio is too. Dudley does not do anything for us that O'Neal, Ingles and Thabo will provide next year. I would rather have the savings of Monroe than Dudley.

I'd imagine they'd like to attach Hernangomez to a deal to get off money next year, like Faried or Chandler.

EDIT: If they were to move him I mean.

I agree and I would be interested. Really like him... the mono thing screwed up his year. Might be able to get him for taking on the Arthur deal too... and they do need to get off of some money.

Regarding the Bender deal... I only do that if they take Ricky and give us Monroe.

I'm not a fan of him at all. He can protect the rim a little, but he will get smoked playing the 4 on the perimeter. I don't know if he is more than a spot up guy on offense.

I'm not that high on Bender. Hood is a proven starter in the NBA. Rubio is too. Dudley does not do anything for us that O'Neal, Ingles and Thabo will provide next year. I would rather have the savings of Monroe than Dudley.
K, but "savings" for what?

Interesting to read through the ideas he thinks are possible:

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen

He likes:

Hood for Cunningham, Frank Johnson and NOLA's 1st (I could be open to this one)

Aminu and Harkless for Favors and Neto (I hate this one)

Bender is a guy you get on his second contract after he takes too long to develop.

K, but "savings" for what?

For something better than Dudley. We've been over this. I think our cap space is an asset next season. Dudley does not put us over the top in any area when we already have Thabo, O'Neal, Ingles and even Niang as an option for SF. No reason at all to try to put him in over Monroe.

Mirotic also has no defensive reputation, will definitely be paid more, and is a flight risk in a year and a half. Bender would give the Jazz two more years of awesome cap flexibility in case 2019 becomes a thing, and the potential to provide exceptional spacing/lineup versatility.

ALSO, the Jazz could get Mirotic ALSO.
Jerebko hasn't had much time with Gobert. He would look better. Anyway, Dragan isn't a difference maker defensively, at least won't be with Gobert. Decent rim protector but struggles on the perimeter. I think he ends up a back-up 5. Also, he is soft, very soft actually. May be if we want to gamble on a project but I hope we can find better deals for Hood.

Interesting to read through the ideas he thinks are possible:

https://twitter.com/andyblarsen

He likes:

Hood for Cunningham, Frank Johnson and NOLA's 1st (I could be open to this one)

Aminu and Harkless for Favors and Neto (I hate this one)
Andy Larson thinks the Jazz say yes on a three team:

Favors to Cleveland
Bradley to Chicago

Osman, Frye to Chicago

Mirotic to Utah

I'm curious why he thinks Utah says yes. Everything we've heard is that Bradley is DL's advanced stats golden boy. If he won't give up a first rounder for Mirotic, would he give up Bradley?

Andy Larson thinks the Jazz say yes on a three team:

Favors to Cleveland
Bradley to Chicago

Osman, Frye to Chicago

Mirotic to Utah

I'm curious why he thinks Utah says yes. Everything we've heard is that Bradley is DL's advanced stats golden boy. If he won't give up a first rounder for Mirotic, would he give up Bradley?

I guess because to get it done, we have to either include this year's 1st (not happening) or Bradley. If I knew Mirotic would be a success in Utah, I would consider this trade. I'm just not 100% sold on him for whatever reason.

For something better than Dudley. We've been over this. I think our cap space is an asset next season. Dudley does not put us over the top in any area when we already have Thabo, O'Neal, Ingles and even Niang as an option for SF. No reason at all to try to put him in over Monroe.
The Jazz won't have cap space, though.

EDIT: They wouldn't really have any if they were to keep Hood.

That doesn't really change the question of what to do with the capspace. Maybe you get Jabari to sign an offer sheet? If that's not a mistake? Also, they save 5 million with Dudley, who wouldn't kill their spacing.

Last edited:
Here's your 2018-2019 contender:

Exum / Neto
Mitchell / Ingles
Kawhi / Thabo
Mirotic / Jerebko
Gobert / Udoh
Going back to this lineup... I would then do everything I could to land Patrick MFing Beverley and then steamroll the Warriors next year:

Beverley / Exum
Mitchell / Ingles
Kawhi / Thabo
Mirotic / Jerebko
Gobert / Udoh