What's new

Where does this win rank?

I'm really happy that Millsap's career game didn't end in a loss. Instead it ended in an overtime victory against what is supposed (expected) to be an all-time great team.

Talking about big comeback wins, In 2006/07 season against Hawks in Atlanta, the Jazz made a huge comeback just in last 9 mins of the game and won it in overtime. The Jazz of 06/07 were a comeback team, accomplishing so many (more than 10) turnaronunds in games. This game, however, is much more different to me. IMO, a better comeback game than Portland, Atlanta in 06, or some other huge road wins like Boston in 08, two times against SAS last year.

The Atlanta game was an amazing comeback - the Jazz came from further down with less time. But that Hawks team sucked. The Heat are the most hyped team ever.

First home loss for The Heat
Heat had a chance to win 4 in a row at home for the first time in franchise history
Lebron stinks it up.

You can really go on and on

Jazz came back against a pretty big deficit in 97-98 reg. season against the Bulls. Remember? The Delta Center crowd booed our team off the court at half. They came back like a bat out of hell and beat up MJ and Scottie Pippen. That was pretty amazing. Anyone remember that?

Imagine had that performance been by Wade or Lebron with 3 3's at the end and the put back. It would have been suck up time for days. As it was, Sap did get some props, but far less than he deserves I fell.
IMO, best regular season game I have watched since the Gaines shot. This game was prob better, but that one also got me screaming at the end.

Off the top of my head, The Best Regular Season Jazz Games Ever:

1. 3OT vs Bulls
2. Sundiata
3. Last Night's Game
4. Griffith and Green beat the Mavs
5. The Jazz rally to beat the Bulls in 1989 as Stockton goes the length of the court in about 3 seconds.

1. Last nite's game.
2. The crucifixion.
3. Birth of Mother Teresa.
4. My cat surviving a stick through the eye, being locked under the hood of a driving automobile...and a urinal obstruction all within a 2 year period.

Most improbable Jazz win I've ever seen. I don't think the Jazz have ever done anything comparable to erasing an 11-point lead in the last two minutes like that. And on Millsap threes, no less. And against the most-hyped team in the league.

I'm willing to call it the best regular-season game I've ever seen.
Gotta agree. I hate this team w/ Lebron and DWade even more than I despise Kobe and Phil. And that says a lot because my hatred for LA has burned for 30+ years.

But there were just so many improbables to this game: the 22-pt deficit, the three 3-pointers from Millsap, corner three from Price, rebound and putback by Millsap to send it into O/T, AK's two 3-pointers. And along the way, I admit I gave up several times on the Jazz. I even told my wife midway through the 4th that it would a "moral victory" for them not to have lost by 30 to Miami, given the way Utah has struggled this year.

They fought back so hard to take the lead, then promptly went down by 7 again. A miracle comeback, but having to play O/T without Deron? And then Wade NOT getting a foul called on his drive vs. Price and getting called for a shove on Elson with .4 seconds left. I GUARANTEE you that doesn't happen last season. DWade used to get all the calls. But I think even the officials hate Lebron and Miami. They're not going to give them every call this year. And the way it ended was only fitting. I was screaming at Elson for not trying to intentionally miss the 2nd FT. And then I saw the replay and realized jhe had tried to miss. And one last chance for Eddie, "Jazz-killer" House to win or tie. Oh my!

Imagine had that performance been by Wade or Lebron with 3 3's at the end and the put back. It would have been suck up time for days. As it was, Sap did get some props, but far less than he deserves I fell.
Did you watch a local feed or NBAtv? Webber and McHale were all over Sap's jock - and the Jazz'. Millsap had a coming out party on national TV. I think he's definitely in the all-star mix, even with the great PF's in the WC. How could Jackson NOT name him as a reserve if Paul keeps up his 20/10 average?

Deron was right; he IS going to make one of our big guys an all-star. But this year it won't be Jefferson; it's going to be Millsap.

The reason this game ranks so highly for me is because its not like we just made one big shot, we hit about 5 of them in the last two minutes. Then to have Dwill foul out and still pull out the W, insane. Millsap would of probably scored 50 if Dwill played in OT.

Exactly. It was a barrage of miracle shots, a few missed free throws by the opposing team, a few really bad calls by the ref and one really good call (to put Elson on the line in OT), DWill fouling out, a hyped up "big three" in opposition, Sap scoring 8 points in 12 seconds, 11 in 34, a road game where Utah hasn't won since Malone was here, etc. etc.

Off the top of my head, The Best Regular Season Jazz Games Ever:

1. 3OT vs Bulls

I was there. My mom took me for my 10th bday. She wanted to leave to beat traffic with about 5 minutes left and I begged her to let us stay. haha!

4. My cat surviving a stick through the eye, being locked under the hood of a driving automobile...and a urinal obstruction all within a 2 year period.

...well, they say cats have 9 lives! But I've got a snake that would eat your cat...and it won''t take him 9 chances!

I was there. My mom took me for my 10th bday. She wanted to leave to beat traffic with about 5 minutes left and I begged her to let us stay. haha!

I was at that game too. They guy sitting in front of us left at the end of the 3rd qtr because he knew the Bulls would win. Glad you didn't make the same mistake. That was the first game I ever attended and probably the reason I'm such a big Jazz fan.

That game was better than last night's game, but I put last night's game as the second most exciting I've ever watched.

I was at that game too. They guy sitting in front of us left at the end of the 3rd qtr because he knew the Bulls would win. Glad you didn't make the same mistake. That was the first game I ever attended and probably the reason I'm such a big Jazz fan.

That game was better than last night's game, but I put last night's game as the second most exciting I've ever watched.
Was there as well. MJ throwing his temper tantrum, and Jeff Malone sinking those three free throws at the end. I loved it. I think it was Malone. I was only 9.