What's new

Which new player will have the biggest impact?

Who will have the best impact next season?

• Marvin Williams

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Randy Foye

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Mo Williams

Votes: 31 55.4%

• Total voters

Beantown

Out of three new guys which will have the best impact on the Jazz next season?

Mo Williams-outside shooting/toughness

Marvin Williams-size, true SF, mid range game

Randy Foye-outside shooting, defense

Both averaged similar numbers in ppg.

Give your reasons for who you choose.

I chose Marvin.

-Jazz need a midrange shooter and he can shoot from the outside

-good rebounder

-True SF, puts Hayward at the 2 to give us a big lineup.

I say Mo, because Mo is a cool name. ALso, a PG who can hit a semi consistent 3 will be nice again.

Also chose Marvin. I believe the upgrade from CJ/Howard/Carroll to Marvin is more than the upgrade from Harris to Williams. Although both will be great additions.

Love the Foye move, just curious about where he will get his minutes. Corbin has his work cut out for him with minutes. Although injuries usually happen and logjams often have a way of working things out.

I'm going with Marvin as well, because Marvin is a dorky name.... and that his effectiveness at the small forward will directly impact Gordon Hayward's continued development.

I say Mo because I believe Mo is going to become the leader of this team. Marvin was a close second though. I really hope he turns out to just be a solid all around small forward for us.

Mo will be the team leader, simple as that.

I say Mo because I believe Mo is going to become the leader of this team. Marvin was a close second though. I really hope he turns out to just be a solid all around small forward for us.

Mo will also play the most minutes of the three unless there is an injury.
I hope Marvin has a good impact on our defense as well as on our rebounding. If he plays good enough defense to require less help defense there will be fewer breakdowns and less points scored by the opposition.

I'm hoping Hayward will get over whatever mental blocks he has and just play ball. I think if he can consistently play at a high level he may be the player to make the best impact on the team... but he hasn't shown he can consistently play at a high level. When he does, I really like how the Jazz play.

Also chose Marvin. I believe the upgrade from CJ/Howard/Carroll to Marvin is more than the upgrade from Harris to Williams. Although both will be great additions.

Love the Foye move, just curious about where he will get his minutes. Corbin has his work cut out for him with minutes. Although injuries usually happen and logjams often have a way of working things out.
Although I voted for Mo (I have to given my name) you have a good point. Looking at the choice strictly on the basis of who has been replaced, Marvin will have the greatest impact. Marvin and Hayward are a solid 1-2 punch. Last season Howard was inconsistent, CJ's shooting was abysmal and Carroll...well, he "plays hard."

I hate the word "intangibles," but that's what Mo brings vs. Harris. The numbers could be very similar, trading off some driving ability vs. outside shooting. But the Jazz lacked a team leader last year. When reporters cite Howard as the veteran leader, that's pretty sad.

As for Foye, he's >>> Raja. Oddly enough, we want him to become exactly what we hoped Raja would, namely, just stay on the perimeter and shoot a 3 if the ball is kicked back outside. That was his role in LA and I think it will be a great fit for him. I'm not too worried about PT. Like you said, injuries always occur during a season. I'd really like to see Foye and Burks play together. Either can bring the ball up the court, but Burks would be the playmaker, driving and dishing or throwing it back out to Foye.

Randy Foye has 0 out of 27 votes. If I had have known that before I voted, I would have picked him. I went with Mo Williams because I think he'll be the vocal leader that this team needs and will help spread the floor so Jefferson/Favors/Millsap can bang down low without being triple-teamed all the time. Foye and Marvin also help spread the floor, therefore making our big guys even bigger threats.

The word is Mo is a bit of a front runner, so as long as we're winning he'll lead the team well. Honestly I think he and Harris are a wash.

I vote Marvelous.

Something tells me Marvin will strive here in a system. He wasn't really made for a ATL teams system that had seen a few coaches in his time there.

The word is Mo is a bit of a front runner, so as long as we're winning he'll lead the team well. Honestly I think he and Harris are a wash.

I vote Marvelous.

I voted mo. But it was because he has bigger shoes to fill and his impact will be the greatest of the three. Marvin will appear to be a bigger impact (MaWill >> carroll et al) But Mo will have the bigger impact becuase if he's not a suitable replacement for Harris, there will be big issues.