What's new

Which team is our greatest competition when it comes to Tanking?

Which teams are a real threat to be worse than the Jazz?

• Celtics

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Suns

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Kings

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 76ers

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Pellies (Pelicans)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Wizards

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Knicks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magic

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Lakers

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Batman

I am starting to think that maybe, just maybe, only the Kings are a great competition in the race for the most lottery balls. With Boston, Phoenix, and Philly playing decent ball, Sactown looks to be the worst team in the NBA... Besides maybe us.

ourselves, tbh. We are best off finishing 3rd-4th worst.

Worst case scenario isn't not getting a top 3 pick. Worse case scenario is finishing 3rd or 4th worst and then getting leapfrogged and ending up out of the top 5. Say what you want, but that is the truth. If we finish last, than the worst pick we can have is 4... In this draft, though disappointed, I could live with that.

Worst case scenario isn't not getting a top 3 pick. Worse case scenario is finishing 3rd or 4th worst and then getting leapfrogged and ending up out of the top 5. Say what you want, but that is the truth. If we finish last, than the worst pick we can have is 4... In this draft, though disappointed, I could live with that.

Well if that is true, then second worst case scenario is not getting a top 3 pick. I just want a top 3, and if not that, then a top 4.

Well if that is true, then second worst case scenario is not getting a top 3 pick. I just want a top 3, and if not that, then a top 4.

And if not that a top 5

Top 3 is looking like the promised land. It would be a bummer to fall out of the top 3, but even still, Scouts are raving about Exum to the point of saying that if he played college ball in the US, he'd be the number 1 pick.

The truly incredible thing is how well some of the teams that I thought would be WAY worse than us have done in the early season.

Down the stretch each win by a fellow tanking team will be like pure gold.

Wins by teams like Philly, PHX, and Orlando will be few and far between in the 2nd half of the season. So pumped that they have been coming by them so easily in these early games.

The bucks scare me

We can't beat the Kings in SAC town, but they may beat us in SLC

Can't wait to watch those kings games. Going to be suckage battles.

Just hedge your bets.

Call Milwaukee and offer to take on ilysovas (sp?) contract for the right to swap 1 round picks this year or their first next year.

Call Sacramento and offer to take Travis outlaw or Jimmer for the right to both sides of the coin if the Jazz and Sacto end up tied.

Offer the nuggets the warriors pick for 50% of their ping pong balls. (Yes, i know I t is number combinations not actual balls.)

Last edited:
The Lakers. Not because they'll actually out tank us but because they have the highest likelihood of landing a top 3 pick.

I still think we hold the edge by a far margin simply because we have the worst coach in the NBA.