What's new

Who Do You Cut?

homeytennis

OK your KOC. Who gets sent to the DLeague after tonight. Man it's a tough call. It seems like everyone on the roster is an NBA player.

Yep; I don't envy Jerry.
I think it was Harpring who said all 17 of these guys look like they belong on an NBA roster!

Jeffers, Gaines, then its a toss up between Nichols and Thompson. And I say you pick the player that displays the best finishing ability and instincts to get open around the basket.

Jeffers, Gaines, and Nichols.

Nichols has been playing decent but is 26 and really doesn't have potential like Thompson still has. He is also a SF and we need depth at SG so Thompson should be kept.

Nichols didnt play within the offense tonight.

Thompson has a good line, but it all came off of fast breaks.

Jeffers needs to be taller.

I would guess it will be between Jeffers and Thompson. Nichols is too far behind what we're doing. Most likely, Jeffers gets kept. He's physically limited, but he played well tonight and he clearly looks comfortable with what we're doing. Since neither Jeffers, Thompson, or Nichols seem to have great potential, Jeffers would be my pick.

I think they need to keep 15 on the roster until it comes time to guarantee the K. These guys can all ball.
I agree.
And it's clear that the worst person on the court through 4 games has been Hayward. Cut him now.
Just kidding, Honz.

I think you cut Gaines. He probably isn;t the 17th guy, but the Jazz signed Watson. And Price is guaranteed. You can't keep 4 PG's.
Next is probably Nichols. As Jazz4ever mentioned, he's 26, and has had 3 years to develop. Very limited upside. Of course the same could be said of Jeffers. But by all accounts, Othyus is a decent defender. So that probably gives him a slight advantage in terms of earning a roster spot.

Jeffers looked great tonight - until he decided to do his patented quadruple pump fake under the basket. It almost negated all his hustle. He played so great and then he thought he could score but he was too slow and too short to do so. I'd be more inclined to keep him if he only allowed himself to shoot the ball 10% of the time. Again, I liked his hustle though.

Nichols seemed eager to jack up shots. He looked good a lot of the time and then he'd force a shot. The shots he got in the offense were great, but then he'd jack up some ill-advised shot. Hey, he's my first cut.

Gaines looked really good tonight. I was surprised he was less of a ball-hog. I dunno. He might've looked better to me than Price and Watson. Watson should figure it out eventually though. Price is Price. PG conundrum.

Thompson barely got any playing time tonight. But for what time he logged his stat line looks nice. Potential. But he looks like he's not in as good of shape as the others. So maybe we're seeing the others at their ceiling and Thompson - once he gets in better shape - reaches a higher ceiling. Comparatively, I didn't like his hustle but potential + it's the 15th spot on the roster = Thompson probably just makes the end of the bench. I don't feel good about it though. Jeffers looked good (except when he didn't).

Oh, and I didn't mention Evans because I didn't need to. Stud.

First we figure his rebound rate per minute:
6/25 = .24 rebounds per minute

Next we project that over 40:
.24 * 40 = 9.6

Comprende?

I'm not even sure why he'd challenge the math. It doesn't even take this grade school arithmetics to arrive at the conclusion that 6 in 25 will be close to 10 in 40. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Edit: Oh, he was being "sarcastic". ;)

I'm not even sure why he'd challenge the math. It doesn't even take this grade school arithmetics to arrive at the conclusion that 6 in 25 will be close to 10 in 40. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Edit: Oh, he was being "sarcastic". ;)

I was actually being sarcastic about Jefferson only getting 6 rebounds. I thought it was pretty obvious. *shrug* Why would anyone have a problem with Jeffersons play tonight??? Oh well...lol