What's new

Who have you been most wrong about?

idiot

Hoping against hope that this won't turn into a thread of credit taking for yourself and highlighting the mistakes of others: which players on the Jazz have you been most wrong about?

For me its Sexton, followed closely by Clarkson. Thought Sexton was selfish -- I was wrong. Thought Clarkson didn't have strong team play/leadership in him -- I was wrong. I also though Gay would sabotage any good vibes. Guess I'm wrong there as well.

Kelly Olynik. I never realized he was that skilled.
Hoping against hope that this won't turn into a thread of credit taking for yourself and highlighting the mistakes of others: which players on the Jazz have you been most wrong about?

For me its Sexton, followed closely by Clarkson. Thought Sexton was selfish -- I was wrong. Thought Clarkson didn't have strong team play/leadership in him -- I was wrong. I also though Gay would sabotage any good vibes. Guess I'm wrong there as well.
I knew the kind of dude he was, he was just stuck on a crap team with vets that didn’t want to be there, so he took the blame for everything bad that happened.

I thought Beasley would be better than he has been so far. KO has more court awareness than I expected. I've been pleasantly surprised that Clarkston has actually passed the ball.

The biggest one by far is Olynyk. I was sick to my stomach that all we got for Bogey was Olynyk and cap savings. Turns out he has been an integral part of all of our best lineups and he has been shooting the **** out of the ball. In hindsight the trade looks like a win-win for both teams. We aren’t 8-3 without him.

I don't know for sure yet, not been totally wrong about anyone. I was wrong on my assumption that Agbaji would get some run though.
I am leaning towards my being wrong most about the Finnish hammer having THIS level of impact in the paint. If he keeps doing it I was not expecting that at all.

The biggest one by far is Olynyk. I was sick to my stomach that all we got for Bogey was Olynyk and cap savings. Turns out he has been an integral part of all of our best lineups and he has been shooting the **** out of the ball. In hindsight the trade looks like a win-win for both teams. We aren’t 8-3 without him.
I don't think anyone thought he still had this much ability, so don't feel bad.

I was most wrong about Lauri, I never imagined he would be this good this quickly. I was also wrong about Vando. I thought he would be more of a lock down defender.

I've never been a big fan of Clarkson. I viewed him as nothing more than a microwave scorer off the bench, and I often got frustrated with his chucking. I didn't think he would make a good starter, I didn't think he would be able to adjust his game and add more playmaking to it. So far, he's been great in his new role. Despite playing more minutes, his field goal attempts are about the same as they've been the past couple of years, and he's averaging a career-high of over 5 assists a game.

I also thought Lauri was kind of soft, someone who would mostly just stand at the 3-point line and not go inside much. He's been just the opposite...he's been aggressive going inside, going up strong at the rim, and finishing through contact. He's also been a better rebounder and defender than I anticipated.

Last edited:
1. I didn't think we were going to be this good, let alone so clutch

2. I thought Agbaji would get more minutes