Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoiberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Van Gundy

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
I'm guessing Messina was never a viable option. Maybe the Jazz gauged his interest early and he told 'em no and they quickly moved on to other candidates. Really, though, every name mentioned is underwhelming. Brad Jones ... really?

Yeah. I don't really love any of the four guys being talked about. Very underwhelming candidates to be honest. If that's what their plan is, they should have just fired Ty, hired Hornacek and effed up the tank.

I'm guessing Messina was never a viable option. Maybe the Jazz gauged his interest early and he told 'em no and they quickly moved on to other candidates. Really, though, every name mentioned is underwhelming. Brad Jones ... really?
You are probably right. And maybe Messina really WAS talking about coaching in LA. He's a championship-level coach and Utah is far from that right now. He may not want to tarnish his reputation by having a losing record his first season. Besides, the success rate with Russian mail-order brides is low. Once they get the green card, they bolt for a more attractive and wealthier "husband."

Snyder has the most experience and a pretty impressive resume for a 47-yr old.

You are probably right. And maybe Messina really WAS talking about coaching in LA. He's a championship-level coach and Utah is far from that right now. He may not want to tarnish his reputation by having a losing record his first season. Besides, the success rate with Russian mail-order brides is low. Once they get the green card, they bolt for a more attractive and wealthier "husband."

Snyder has the most experience and a pretty impressive resume for a 47-yr old.
If not Messina, then I'd actually want them to meet with George Karl. His post-season record is a concern, but he'd get this team playing fast and has the teaching nature that works with a young team.

If it's down to the four being mentioned right now, I'd prefer Snyder. He seems like the best fit of the bunch.

If not Messina, then I'd actually want them to meet with George Karl. His post-season record is a concern, but he'd get this team playing fast and has the teaching nature that works with a young team.

If it's down to the four being mentioned right now, I'd prefer Snyder. He seems like the best fit of the bunch.

Karl isn't worth the money IMO. Get Snyder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted other - Brad Jones. I guess the Jazz are keeping it a secret because it is so very lame... Did the Jazz even interview or call Hollins, JVG, SVG (prior to Detroit), Karl?

I voted other - Brad Jones. I guess the Jazz are keeping it a secret because it is so very lame... Did the Jazz even interview or call Hollins, JVG, SVG (prior to Detroit), Karl?

I sure hope that they have. I can understand if they think the contract demands are too much for those guys, but they paid Biedrins millions of dollars to warm the bench and go away. They can afford to spring for a top level coach if they want to.

Yeah, it would be nice to know the leg work behind those four names. It just doesn't feel like a wide net has been cast if those guys are your final 4. I would probably hold off for a little while longer and watch how things work out, rather than bite on one of those right now. If Jones is high on your list, great, but he's probably not going to get hired elsewhere. Same with a lot of those other guys that have been mentioned over the past few months.

No way is it Stockton. I just don't see him having any interest in being a head coach in the NBA at this point - and I seriously doubt DL has any interest in hiring someone who has never coached and taking that kind of chance. Love Stock but he is not the guy. And I don't see it being a retread like Van G or Karl. I was a huge JVG fan until I saw what he did in Houston which was not good. My guess is another young up and coming coach who has experience but simply has not been public.

Some latest tweets about the coaching search;

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody

Told Jazz assistant coach Brad Jones is on the short list for Utah's head coach opening with Alvin Gentry, Adrian Griffin and Quin Snyder.

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like Quin Snyder remains at the front of the pack for the Utah Jazz coaching position. Jazz like them all.

Justin Zanik has spent time in Europe since season ended. Jazz assistant GM's likely talked to Ettore Messina but don't think he's in mix.

People remember that this dude was telling everybody that Boylen was the runaway frontrunner for the job, right? I suspect the "mystery candidate" is the person they want and the other three are the fallbacks. I don't suspect that they would even be mentioning a "mystery candidate." of the chances were slim that they get him. If you were leaning Snyder it would be counter productive to bring up a blank page that anyone could project someone they want more onto.
As the Knicks discovered, it is probably best not let the cat of the bag if you think you have your guy.

It's John Wooden, but don't ask how I know this let alone how it's possible.

It might involve some sort of strange rituals, but it came to me at an Oingo Boingo concert.