What's new

Who Makes the Final Roster

homeytennis

I have to admit I'm bored so I'm going to predict who makes the final roster and who gets sent to Idaho. And the roster is: Gobert, Hayward, Hood, Kanter, Novak, Evans, Exum, Favors, Felix, Booker, Burke, Burks, Murry and Motum. Going to Idaho will be Clark, Murphy, Bost and Cooley. That is 14 on the roster. Comments?

I have to admit I'm bored so I'm going to predict who makes the final roster and who gets sent to Idaho. And the roster is: Gobert, Hayward, Hood, Kanter, Novak, Evans, Exum, Favors, Felix, Booker, Burke, Burks, Murry and Motum. Going to Idaho will be Clark, Murphy, Bost and Cooley. That is 14 on the roster. Comments?

Active Roster
1 Burke
2 Exum
3 Burks
4 Hayward
5 Hood
6 Favors
7 Kanter
8 Gobert
9 Booker
10 Evans
11 Felix*
12 Novak
13 Murray*

On roster but in D league
14 Clark*

Invited to D League
Cooley
Bost
Murphy
Stephens

* indicates I am not sure they will make it on the team. One of the D league guys might beat them out.

Motum can go to any pro league in world and make a lot more than D League if he does not make Jazz roster.

Motum can go to any pro league in world and make a lot more than D League if he does not make Jazz roster.

He does have a better at making it to the NBA this way though.... 1 guy got injured and he's in.

Motum can make the roster I think. He is better than most of the guys the Jazz had as veterans during the past years anyway.

Motum to DLeague... Clark will play in the NBA.
Agree. But Motum will be in the D-League as an assigned player of the Jazz (i.e. the 14th/15th player on the roster).
Clark has some skills, as evidenced by being the Vegas League MVP two summers ago. His shooting could benefit Snyder's style of play.

My guess,

Starters:

C-Derrick Favors
PF-Enes Kanter
SF-Gordon Hayward
SG-Alec Burks
PG-Trey Burke

-----------------------

Subs:

Rodney Hood
Rudy Gobert
Toure' Murry
Trevor Booker
Jeremy Evans
Dante Exum
Brock Motum
Steve Novak
Ian Clarke

Clarke, Booker and Murry won't make it until the end of the season and Clarke's gonna get traded which will make Gobert furious but he won't ask for trade as well since he has a grown up character.

I think Murry, Clark, Motum make the team. Dee Bost has a chance to be called up.

My guess,

Starters:

C-Derrick Favors
PF-Enes Kanter
SF-Gordon Hayward
SG-Alec Burks
PG-Trey Burke

-----------------------

Subs:

Rodney Hood
Rudy Gobert
Toure' Murry
Trevor Booker
Jeremy Evans
Dante Exum
Brock Motum
Steve Novak
Ian Clarke

Clarke, Booker and Murry won't make it until the end of the season and Clarke's gonna get traded which will make Gobert furious but he won't ask for trade as well since he has a grown up character.

Are you implying that Booker isn't good enough to be on the team?

Agree. But Motum will be in the D-League as an assigned player of the Jazz (i.e. the 14th/15th player on the roster).
Clark has some skills, as evidenced by being the Vegas League MVP two summers ago. His shooting could benefit Snyder's style of play.

Where were those skills in this years Summer League?

Clarke's shooting will be the major disadvantage for him for the rest of his career. I see too many blocks against in your fortune Ian.

Clarke's shooting will be the major disadvantage for him for the rest of his career. I see too many blocks against in your fortune Ian.

I'm far from an expert on the subject but there's something fundamentally wrong with his shot. I'm not even talking about the low release, it's just he doesn't have any rhythm, or every shot feels like he is doing something different. That was my takeaway from watching him in the Summer League, especially warming up.

I don't think his potential as a scorer is worth 'fixing his shot' or whatever coaching he needs. I don't think he should make the roster, but I guess I haven't seen some of the guys that can potentially take his place either. I do like Motum as an end-of-bench guy more.

Correct. Didn't they pay like 7million a year or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$5 mil this year + team option for about 4.7 next year. I don't mind that contract at all, but I guess jury is out until he gets on the court in a Jazz uni.