What's new

Who will end up having the biggest contract?

Who will end up having the biggest contract?

• Hayward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Favors

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Kanter

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Burks

• New incoming player

• Total voters

Beantown

If you take what Locke says the new CBA model will be having a core 4 group of contracts worth about 45 Million. So our core 3 is pretty much set in stone of Hayward, Kanter, and Favors. The 4th could possibly be Burks but that's probably still up in the air.

So the 4th contract could be Burks or a future player not yet on the team. Possibly a PG.

This year will be the answer of your question. If all goes as expected, Kanter's gotta show his potential and rare skillset to earn his paycheck. Grabbing the rebounds, playing inside and shooting from the midrange must need to be respected. Favors gotta show his defensive insticts without fouling, rebounding and his motor. So he must be getting his value too. so if ranking is needed to be written, 1-Kanter 2- Favors 3-Hayward

I am guessing that Favors would be the most coveted of the 3 from what they have proven so far.
Potential is anyone's guess.

I hope it is someone not on the team. If it is one of the four, unless Kanter turns into a top 3 league big guy, we will not be competing for titles.

The Jazz can't afford to overpay ANYONE.

Favors has a lot of potential, but time is running out for him to earn his paycheck. Hayward is the most developed of the three, but he is on the same timetable as Favors. Kanter has an extra year on the other two to dazzle the FO; so I believe he will be demanding the biggest payday of the three.

Favors has a lot of potential, but time is running out for him to earn his paycheck. Hayward is the most developed of the three, but he is on the same timetable as Favors. Kanter has an extra year on the other two to dazzle the FO; so I believe he will be demanding the biggest payday of the three.

You guys do realize that Favors and Kanter are 22 and 21 respectively next season right? They're still way young and are younger than some of the guys in the draft this year. Beyond that, big men are notorious for developing much slower, and both have been smothered by Corbin's veteran fetish. I think they'll take steps forward next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it took them another 2 or 3 years before they hit their potential. I doubt Favors is ever more than a 15 and 11 guy (with probably about 2.5 blocks as well), but Kanter has shown signs of potential to be a 20 and 10 guy, which is extremely rare in this day's NBA.

BTW I only quoted this because it says "time is running out."