What's new

Who will still be on the roster in 5 years?

Who will still be on the roster in 5 years?

• Total voters

Chargers Jazz Angels

I find this an interesting thought as we get ready to start the new NBA season. Honestly, I want to see development minutes for the players that will still be around in 5 years if any.

Pretty sure in 5 years the NBA will be gone... as will most of the human race... Aliens, AI robot overlords, solar flare, global warming, nuclear disaster, pandemic... its all over.

Maybe Walker Kessler is still around.

Honestly no way to say. Could be half, could be no one. I don't think a single person wouldn't get moved if it gave us a better shot at a better team.

I guess Kessler and Ochai only - and that's assuming that they have productive rookie contracts and we bring them back because they're decent players.

An even better exercise - how many of these guys are back in two years?

Undoubtedly, one of our colleagues has a robust sense of humor: someone voted for Michael Alex Conley Jr!

Kessler is the dude entering the first year of a rookie deal who actually looked pretty good in the preseason.
5 years is a really long time in the NBA though.

Undoubtedly, one of our colleagues has a robust sense of humor: someone voted for Michael Alex Conley Jr!
I considered doing so for a joke. He's the one person I'm sure will not be here in 5 years. I could be wrong.

I voted for Kessler only. I just can't see anyone else still wanting to be here.

I suppose I’m the only true optimist on this board or perhaps the only one that holds to the “bird in hand adage” as I picked all but six to stick. I guess I believe we have some pretty good molding clay here and trust in the Hardy Boys as sculptors and Ainge as a connoisseur of fine art.

This is actually a really great question by the OP.

Even if we get Wembanyama , how long to build a team around him ?

Are we even going to be able to ?

I could actually see none of them on the roster, other than maybe Kessler who will be on his second contract if he hasn't been traded.

Last edited:
all 3 from Don trade have a a better shot than anyone else at remaining in the league that long, not sold anyone else does other than JC or Vander who will probably both be gone before that point