What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
So this would be a Utah facilitate a Miami trade for Jrue because the Blazers don't want what Miami is willing to give. We would then have to give up someone or a package of something that Portland likes for Jrue and then we get Herro. To me it sounds like the same idea as the Dame trade facilitator right?
This is someone making things up based on the rumors from the Dame trade.

So this would be a Utah facilitate a Miami trade for Jrue because the Blazers don't want what Miami is willing to give. We would then have to give up someone or a package of something that Portland likes for Jrue and then we get Herro. To me it sounds like the same idea as the Dame trade facilitator right?
Yeah... there are a number of ways we could still get involved in the follow up trade with Jrue.

I think we should just try to be as competitive as possible and bring in as much talent as possible while maintaining as much flexibility to pivot or add more talent when available.

As this relates to Jrue, I think he's incredibly talented and would fill a big hole in our current rotation. As long as we can bring him in while not losing too much flexibility then we should do it. I think there is enough competition for him though, that I don't see it as very likely.

If all of the rumors are true, it doesn't feel like Ainge is interested in bringing in a PG and would prefer to have as many defensively limited SG / Combo guards that we can stock pile as possible.

I think we should just try to be as competitive as possible and bring in as much talent as possible while maintaining as much flexibility to pivot or add more talent when available.

As this relates to Jrue, I think he's incredibly talented and would fill a big hole in our current rotation. As long as we can bring him in while not losing too much flexibility then we should do it. I think there is enough competition for him though, that I don't see it as very likely.

If all of the rumors are true, it doesn't feel like Ainge is interested in bringing in a PG and would prefer to have as many defensively limited SG / Combo guards that we can stock pile as possible.
I agree... that last sentence made me laugh.

The situation to route for imo is the Knicks deal. Its perfect cuz IQ is good defensively and can be Ainge's type. Can also give him an extension that provides more money up front and more flexibility later. Jrue has Thibs salivating I'm sure.

Jrue isn't really a true PG though, so he fits.

I agree... that last sentence made me laugh.

The situation to route for imo is the Knicks deal. Its perfect cuz IQ is good defensively and can be Ainge's type. Can also give him an extension that provides more money up front and more flexibility later. Jrue has Thibs salivating I'm sure.
I'm not that high on IQ, but would generally agree that he fits in with adding talent while remaining flexible.

I think if I watched more of him I might really be able to get on board, but basically only watch the Knicks when they play the Jazz.

I'm not that high on IQ, but would generally agree that he fits in with adding talent while remaining flexible.

I think if I watched more of him I might really be able to get on board, but basically only watch the Knicks when they play the Jazz.
I like him... I really like the idea of him because haven't watched him day in and out like the Jazz guys. He'd be similar to some of the combo/scoring guards but is a really good defender. So he opens some things up and fits well with others... even if he is 6-3- ish.

You could also do a 5/110-125M extension with an 8% decline in salary and have yourself a real bargain as the cap increases and our young guys and Lauri get more expensive. I'm a nerd.

He isn't eligible until February anyway... so it would all kind of be lip service on both sides. I think he fits a lot of what we are about. 2 high quality picks is just too rich for where we are currently... unless they know Key is gonna be him early.

I think it ends up being a three team with Clips and Philly or Heat and Jazz... or I could see Warriors going for it. I wonder if the Heat are willing to add the salary by flipping Holiday for Lowry (next year really) or if they prefer Herro being in the deal.

Sexton (flipped later) THT, Jovic, Miami first, Lakers first to Portland
Holiday to Miami
Herro to Utah
Lakers first? Strong no.

I think in an ideal world for Portland they get a three team deal done with Philly and LA and get a first from each in a Harden-Jrue three way. That way you have 3 unprotected picks from three teams that could be **** in a few years.
Portland isn't gonna help the Lakers in anyway shape or form.

Portland isn't gonna help the Lakers in anyway shape or form.
Clips...not Lakers. Also teams that are rebuilding don't care who they help as much as they do about what they are getting.

How in the hell is Holiday winning this poll. It's like some of you want to be a treadmill team.
straight up Jrue is a better player and asset. If you factor in cost to acquire it might push the poll a different way.