What's new

Whoa, this place is having a meltdown

fallenchicken

You guys need to calm down, it was just 1 game. Deron Williams won't be leaving for another year, everything is fine.

This is pretty much just gonna make you feel way better:

Manute_Bol_1.jpg

We are playing .500 ball over our last 15 games or so and we got really lucky in a lot of our early wins...it hasn't been just one game.

.....what's of concern to anyone watching is the lack of consistency both offensively and defensively. We can't seem to put either of them together. The offense seems discombobulated most of the time.....the defensive effort is hit and miss.....it's like they're all playing with guaranteed contracts and don't really care that much about putting forth a 100 percent effort. THen there's the issue of brains....or smarts. This is a video game generation where "thinking" is just not part of the equation. Perhaps all that tattoo ink has seeped into their brain cavities and sucked all the gray matter out of their skulls???

Maybe I had too much Kool-Aid last night; but I think this team will have a great 2011. I think Okur, Jefferson & Hayward will all get better.

Deron is not happy as today's
https://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/50966501-87/jazz-williams-utah-team.html.csp?page=2

column indicates. Which is always a good sign.

We all know that the Jazz FO normally don't do any mid-season trades and they have to be literally pushed into it.
But once in a while, if Deron conveys his mind like this, it will atleast keep KOC semi-active about doing something.

I am more of a realist and I dont see this team going past the second round, especially if they finish with the 4th seed.
They need to get the 2nd seed to have a shot or the Jazz need to catch a lucky break in the form of an upset in the first round like it happened in 2006-07

"great 2011" means better than second round?

I would love a championship as much as anyone, but this team would be hard pressed to beat the spurs or mav's in a game, let alone a playoff series. The Jazz will be fortunate if they get to the second round this season. Jazz brass are planning for a revamped CBA in which smaller market teams are at less of a disadvantage. This mindset may cost a championship, but it may put them in good shape for the future. Fans of the Jazz who will settle for nothing less than a championship are going to be disappointed for a hundred years, unless there is more parody in the league financially and talent-wise. Hopefully the lockout will lead to this parody where smart management will win out over deep pockets.

If it's championship or bust, then I guess it's a bust this season.

The actual number is 9-6 in the last 15 games for those who are wondering. In the last 20, we are 14-6. Last 10 we are 6-4. Notice how none of these numbers is anywhere near .500.

Hence, "or so."

In the last 13, we're a tremendous 7-6. One more loss in that span of 10 you mentioned and your 6-4 becomes 5-5. 9-6 is nothing special either. 49 game win pace. Honz's point is totally valid. We've been playing extremely inconsistent ball, are the worst team in the league in the first quarter which needs to be fixed pronto, suck on the boards, and despite our record, have a lot of improving to do. Even Deron said it.

The actual number is 9-6 in the last 15 games for those who are wondering. In the last 20, we are 14-6. Last 10 we are 6-4. Notice how none of these numbers is anywhere near .500.

Parr for the course here. It's always must worse than it really is.
Has anyone been paying attention? A lot of great teams are losing games and having injury problems...OH say, like Boston, Dallas, LA

Okay, so the numbers I put out there off the top of my head were a little off. We haven't been playing good ball over the last 15 games or so. Is that better, ****tards? And thank you for not being a dumbass, KEK.

Also, this was supposed to be the easy part of our schedule...whoops.

Hence, "or so."

In the last 13, we're a tremendous 7-6. One more loss in that span of 10 you mentioned and your 6-4 becomes 5-5. 9-6 is nothing special either. 49 game win pace. Honz's point is totally valid. We've been playing extremely inconsistent ball, are the worst team in the league in the first quarter which needs to be fixed pronto, suck on the boards, and despite our record, have a lot of improving to do. Even Deron said it.

Seriously, how can anyone argue against this post? Its just common sense.