What's new

Who's the new floor leader?

One difference I noticed between Devin and Deron in the pick-and-roll situation is that Deron's pass is very strong as if he still thought the receiver of the pass is Boozer (who admittedly has better hands than Jefferson). But look at one of the last possessions this game, Devin found Al in the pick and roll with a softer pass and Al rolled to the basket for 2. I don't remember how many times I got frustrated watching Deron's pass go through Al's hands and turn it over.

Harris seems to be very smooth, and he is not afraid to break plays at all. Like that first basket on the drive. He saw an opening and just went for it with no hesitation at all. He is going to have his ups and downs as a Jazzman but he will be fine. He will soon be the floor leader.

Kyrylo Fesenko is the leader on the bench. I love how he always looks happy for the team even when he doesn't play.

Seriously though, look for AK and Millsap to step it up as leaders. AK has always had the ability to be a playmaker, but Deron's existence has always undermined his role in the Jazz. I see AK signing a deal in the summer, hopefully not for 17million per year though.

One more reason for AK and Millsap to step up is Derrick Favors. They will play their socks out to prevent being overlooked by the rookie who has a lot of upside.

Side note: Elson has been sucking. Give his minutes to Fes and Evans!

Really doubt Sap is ever going to be a leader. He really seems to be more of a quiet type who lets his game talk.

How about Corbin? And the rest just play as a team without any one really dominating the ball.

This pretty much. I really don't see anyone on the roster taking that role and obviously that'll need to be addressed eventually, but for now I think the best option is Ty taking control and everyone following suit

I remember when the Jazz traded Adrian Dantley and wondering who would be the team leader now that the dominant force was gone. Malone emerged and exceeded everyone's expectations. It was far from a foregone conclusion before it happened. This feels like deja vu.