What's new

why are the Jazz not interested in Zoran Dragic?

Chargers Jazz Angels

is it because of his age? (25 this past June)
is it his height? (listed 6-5)
is it because he plays sf in europe? (he would have to play the 2 in the nba)

honestly he seems like the kind of player that would fit the jazz. I haven't looked at his stats but he seems like a decent 3 pt shooter. he is a lefty. granted the jazz have Hayward, burks amd exum who play the 2. if Hayward goes to the 3 and burks starts he just has to compete with exum for playing time.

If he's as good as his brother, the Jazz should definitely take him.

Based on what I've seen from him, I think that most teams should be looking at him for a spot on the end of their roster. He has the potential to become a rotation player, and maybe more at a decent price. I'd at least be talking with his agent to see what his asking price is.

Is he eligible to sign in the NBA? He would have had to declare for a draft and either not been picked up, or had his rights relinquished, right?

We don't really have a spot for him and you have to pay like a million dollar buyout to get him to come over.

We don't really have a spot for him and you have to pay like a million dollar buyout to get him to come over.

If he can play, he can play. The buyout really isn't that much. The bigger question is where he'd fit and who he'd replace. I'd consider dumping one of the partially guaranteed guys to free up a spot. I like him and think that he has good potential. Would love to see him in Utah, coming in off the bench, but the Jazz just aren't one of the teams showing a lot of interest right now. When push comes to shove, I think he'll choose to sign with the suns and play with his brother.

There are hundreds of players the Jazz are looking at and constantly evaluating and we don't know who those players are. Maybe the Jazz are interested in ZD.

(he would have to play the 2 in the nba)

honestly he seems like the kind of player that would fit the jazz. I haven't looked at his stats but he seems like a decent 3 pt shooter. he is a lefty. granted the jazz have Hayward, burks amd exum who play the 2. if Hayward goes to the 3 and burks starts he just has to compete with exum for playing time.

Exum is a PG. Trying to develop him as an SG could be really bad for his confidence and trajectory, as he is not a shooter. Most scouts say that the only way they see him busting is if he is forced to play SG. We shouldn't try to reinvent the wheel, but rather just get it rolling.

I like ZD as well, but what about Hood and Felix, or the other hybrid gaurds like Clark, Murphy, and Murry? Granted, some of those guys will be on the Stampede next season, but it is an awful lot to look at in one short training camp.

I can't imagine that the Suns and Spurs have reached out, but the Jazz haven't. I think if Buford is reaching out DL is too... Jazz are just lower key about it.