What's new

Why can’t no-calls be challneged?

Honestly... I would be satisfied if the refs just had to go to the monitor to see how wrong they were. Once a game the player gets to sit with them at the monitor and give them side eye while they watch how stupid their call was. Also their should be a pie to the face for either the player or the ref based on who was right/wrong. Might limit complaining... imagine CP whining and then the ref says "lets go to the monitor CP" and then the ref gets to throw a pie in Chris' face.

There are no losers in my pie face challenges... we only lose by not doing it.
Maybe a dunk tank instead. Every egregiously wrong call gives the player a ball to hit the target.

Maybe a dunk tank instead. Every egregiously wrong call gives the player a ball to hit the target.
I prefer electro-shock therapy. Every wrong call they get a jolt in the nuts, and/or privates.

The last thing the NBA needs is another reason to completely stop the game for 3 minutes. Overall the challenge rule has hurt the NBA more than it has helped IMO.

The refs missed a call ,move on. It's kind of wild to me how much players really like to whine about how much refs make mistakes, but would probably hate to hear fans complain how they missed a shot/a pass/a defensive assignment. Refs are people, people can't get everything right.

*I do fully support make up calls for especially egregious misses like the Clarkson no-call. Like next play down the court Utah just gives Clarkson the ball and the refs pretty much agree to call a phantom foul on any kind of contact*

I prefer electro-shock therapy. Every wrong call they get a jolt in the nuts, and/or privates.
Electrical aversion therapy. The difference is simple but important.

It's also funny when players say they want accountability for refs that miss calls.

Like what the **** does that mean? They want refs to be fined? Would players start accepting fines for missing easy layups? Refs get **** on endlessly in the public eye, both through verbal lashing from players face to face and from fans in arena and social media.

The funniest story of the year is Tony Brothers calling Spencer Dinwiddie a bitch *** ************ and then Dinwiddie went and snitched like a little bitch to the media. Good on Tony Brothers.

Because it would be used incorrectly in an unsportsmanlike manner.

What if during a crucial part of the end of a game the opponent is going down for an uncontested layup and I decide to suddenly challenge a call that i "think was missed". Easy way to stop the easy dunk/layup. Thats just one example how challenging missed no calls could be abused but Im certain there are probably some other ways.

Because it would be used incorrectly in an unsportsmanlike manner.

What if during a crucial part of the end of a game the opponent is going down for an uncontested layup and I decide to suddenly challenge a call that i "think was missed". Easy way to stop the easy dunk/layup. Thats just one example how challenging missed no calls could be abused but Im certain there are probably some other ways.
Eh, they would most likely have to wait for a dead ball scenario, couldn't just barge onto the floor screaming for a review, something like that. And there would have to be a time limit for it, like the next dead ball or within 1 minute of game time or something, idk. I still think it could be done but it would have to really require some forethought how to make it possible without disrupting the flow of the game, and they would have to identify what the outcome would, would it be loss of points, additional free throws, possession, all of the above? I think to stop frivolous use of it there would have to be a stiff penalty if they are wrong, like additional free throws for the opposing team, or maybe even double technical on the coach and he is ejected with the resulting tech free throws, something like that probably.

Eh, they would most likely have to wait for a dead ball scenario, couldn't just barge onto the floor screaming for a review, something like that. And there would have to be a time limit for it, like the next dead ball or within 1 minute of game time or something, idk. I still think it could be done but it would have to really require some forethought how to make it possible without disrupting the flow of the game, and they would have to identify what the outcome would, would it be loss of points, additional free throws, possession, all of the above? I think to stop frivolous use of it there would have to be a stiff penalty if they are wrong, like additional free throws for the opposing team, or maybe even double technical on the coach and he is ejected with the resulting tech free throws, something like that probably.

Ya it sounds too messy. I dont think its a good idea and im someone who loves the fact that there are reviews and wish there were more.

Start challenging no calls and refs start calling all the ticky tack stuff they let slide now. More whistles is probably a bad thing imo

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya it sounds too messy. I dont think its a good idea and im someone who loves the fact that there are reviews and wish there were more.

Start challenging no calls and refs start calling all the ticky tack stuff they let slide now. More whistles is probably a bad thing imo

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
True, but there really needs to be some recourse for this kind of thing, especially given how dangerous this play was. Ingles play was nowhere near as aggressive nor dangerous, but he gets kicked out. They should at least be able to file a public complaint with the league with some kind of action taken against the ref team that night, or something. I know they say they can but we all know nothing comes of that ever. Cuban proved that.