What's new

Why didn't we go after Collison?

Dwill4mvp

Mavericks get Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones for Ian Mahinmi. I like Collison I felt like he would fit into our system really well. Would work well with our young guys. Idk other people might disagree and maybe we dont have the type of player the pacers were working for. I just felt like it was worth discussing. A little different then the Lowry deal I actually think Collison would fit here. Idk thats just my opinion though and yall can chime in.

Mavericks get Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones for Ian Mahinmi. I like Collison I felt like he would fit into our system really well. Would work well with our young guys. Idk other people might disagree and maybe we dont have the type of player the pacers were working for. I just felt like it was worth discussing. A little different then the Lowry deal I actually think Collison would fit here. Idk thats just my opinion though and yall can chime in.

What backup big could the Jazz send Indiana (since that seemingly is what they wanted)?

EDIT: Because nobody thought Indiana would be that stupid.

Last edited:
EDIT: Because nobody thought Indiana would be that stupid.

I know, you like to think NBA GMs are at least somewhat intelligent. But after you see trades like this one and the Gerald Wallace one. The problem is if you go to every GM making what seem like ridiculous offers, the GMs that are smart will think you're insulting their intelligence and won't want to work with you.

This is stupid. Every time a player gets traded or signs a contract, are we going to start a thread that starts out why didn't we go after.........

We're more intelligent then this....... O wait BluesRocker posts here.

I'm starting to think we should've traded Kanter. We probably could've gotten a first round pick instead of Dantay Jones along with Collison.

Did anyone stop to ask Why is Indiana willing to give up a skilled guy for a back-up big?

Dallas has wiffed on everything else. I think they were so desperate that they were willing to take on a knucklehead. Indy jumped at a chance to get rid of a knucklehead

This is stupid. Every time a player gets traded or signs a contract, are we going to start a thread that starts out why didn't we go after.........

We're more intelligent then this....... O wait BluesRocker and Verlin (who are friends) posts here.

Fixed

Let's no overlook that they did take Dantay Jones contract on as well.
Exactly. What are the contracts for Collison and Jones?
We do NOT want bad contracts. We'll probably be in the best financial state of ANY NBA team next summer. Marvin Williams (if he opts in) and Millsap (if we negotiate an extension) will be the only significant contracts. Outside of those, all we'll have are the rookie contracts. WE don't want a Danhtay Jones on the team.

I know not all are thrilled with the Mo Williams trade. But a team full of youngsters needs a veteran leader. Isn't Utah the youngest team in the NBA.

They didn't take on Jones contract. He was a FA and they did a S&T meaning they wanted him in the deal. Whatever the deal is, it's something they wanted. Collison has 1 year left on his rookie deal.

They didn't take on Jones contract. He was a FA and they did a S&T meaning they wanted him in the deal. Whatever the deal is, it's something they wanted. Collison has 1 year left on his rookie deal.

Shamsports says Jones had one year left at a player option, did he not pick it up? Mahinmi was a FA, though and IND overpaid.