What's new

Why does everyone think Sloan got fired?

People forget, for weeks Duron had been having a war of words through the media against Sloan. From the way they practiced, their lineups, to their (lack) of film. There was a (visible) growing divide between Duron and Jerry even at the games. You could see it.

People at the Chicago game (how ironic was that??? Given the history of Jerry and the 2 teams...) heard/saw Sloan get super upset right before the half when Jerry called a play and Duron refused to run it. They had a massive blowup at half. KOC was involved. Jerry came back into the game silent and unemotional, something completely absent from his 20 year coaching career. He later resigned after the game. Pretty obvious what happened folks. Although Phil Johnson "claims" that he left because of his pact with Sloan the truth is that is only a partial reason why. The other reason why is because it looked like Duron had become the god of the franchise. Phil didn't want any of that.

Jerry wanted Duron traded. Duron wanted Jerry fired. And.... Well... Essentially both happened. Jerry wasn't necessarily fired. But his hand was forced when management didn't do what Sloan, the coach, wanted. The management finally woke up and saw what Melo was doing to Denver, what Lebron had already done to Cleveland, etc and made a move. It was obvious that Duron wasn't going to stay in Utah, even with Jslo gone. That deal with the Nets had most likely been talked about prior to Jerry's "retirement." The blowup with Jerry, the failing of the team, and Duron's attitude merely pushed KOC over the edge to make that deal.

Pretty much spot on.

People tend to forget how truly godlike some of our legends were. Jerry, Stockton, and Malone, were just plain awesome. Especially when you consider the league today, with so many pansie *** jackwagons who take nights off and just don't give a damn. If Dwight Howard had half the work ethic and toughness that Malone had, he'd be averaging 40 pts per game and be leading the Lakers to a championship.

so true

“Last night was just an off night. We have great players on this team & we’re going to work hard today & we’ll be ready for the Clippers.” -Big Al

I'm glad both are gone. I hate Jerry Sloan towards the end. Not saying Tyrone Corbin is any better, just I wanted Sloan gone too.

Even Dwill does:

The dude stepped down after the Jazz begged him to stay. No way would Sloan ever get FIRED!

Stupid Dwill and media.

You should be careful who you call stupid. I think you need to work on your reading comprehension.

He should have said "people think I'm the reason Sloan stepped down"

Look at twitter or media stories. Many sources keep referring to Sloan getting "fired". Even Charles Barkley said it on NBA TV.

Bean, Deron said it exactly right. He was talking about perception, not reality. Learn the difference. As your post even states "Many sources keep referring to Sloan getting "fired".

:)

This is the exact quote from your original post bean:
I already went through that situation once when people thought I got Coach Sloan fired.

The only thing I did was change where the bold was. Read it again and tell me where it says Deron thinks he got Sloan fired. Everybody here but you is reading it the same way.

This is something I shared with the STG boys at our get together in November but have never shared here Cuz I was only following JazzFanz when it happened!!

About 2 or 3 weeks before Jerry stepped down I was talking with my buddy in a biology Lab at Dixie State College, we were shooting the bull about the Jazz like we commonly do.

A girl then interrupted us and started to say how Jerry hates Deron and has been trying to get management to trade him. She said that Jerry couldn't deal with Deron's crap anymore and that they need to pick either him or Deron. She claimed that she was a friend of Jerry's new wife's family and that is how she came about this info!

My friend and I looked at each other and after she left started to laugh, we didn't believe a word she said Cuz the miracle in Miami just happened as well as all those comeback wins!!

We were both blown away when Jerry stepped down there after!!

This is something I shared with the STG boys at our get together in November but have never shared here Cuz I was only following JazzFanz when it happened!!

About 2 or 3 weeks before Jerry stepped down I was talking with my buddy in a biology Lab at Dixie State College, we were shooting the bull about the Jazz like we commonly do.

A girl then interrupted us and started to say how Jerry hates Deron and has been trying to get management to trade him. She said that Jerry couldn't deal with Deron's crap anymore and that they need to pick either him or Deron. She claimed that she was a friend of Jerry's new wife's family and that is how she came about this info!

My friend and I looked at each other and after she left started to laugh, we didn't believe a word she said Cuz the miracle in Miami just happened as well as all those comeback wins!!

We were both blown away when Jerry stepped down there after!!

I have no doubt that what she said was 100 percent true.

That is exactly what my dad's friend told him. I know I know, I don't have any links. But it's more true than any of the links which company men Ben Bagley or David Locke have ever provided.

For literally quite some time Jerry and Duron had been growing a part. It wasn't just a sudden blowup. Things had been boiling over for quite some time.

Torrey Ellis is a poison.

But still Jerry disappointed me in the way he just stepped down. In the middle of the season, after a game--just up and walked away. After years of listening to Jerry talk about respect for the game, respect for the Millers, and respect for the fans I expected better from him.

If Jerry was upset that the Jazz had kept an incresingly poisonous Deron, while letting Mathews and Boozer walk, well then he should have not signed the one year extension and just not come back.

Has there ever been a player who admitted to getting his coach fired?

Even Dwight Howard would deny getting/asking Stan Van to be fired. Oh wait, it already happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40tqTw5fbU

DBag Dwight...

I have no doubt that what she said was 100 percent true.

That is exactly what my dad's friend told him. I know I know, I don't have any links. But it's more true than any of the links which company men Ben Bagley or David Locke have ever provided.

For literally quite some time Jerry and Duron had been growing a part. It wasn't just a sudden blowup. Things had been boiling over for quite some time.

The thing that made me believe her words after it all went down was how many of the beat writers and local sports guys said how much a prick Deron would be in interviews and stuff like that!!

Here's the thing, if dwill said "people think I was the reason sloan got fired" you might have a point. However he said people think I GOT sloan fired. These are not the same things. Therefor you are being a moran. An amusing moran, but a moran nonetheless.

So what if Dwill said "people think I GOT Avery fired"....?

Bean, Deron said it exactly right. He was talking about perception, not reality. Learn the difference. As your post even states "Many sources keep referring to Sloan getting "fired".

:)

But the perception before the last 48 hours was that Sloan stepped down....not fired. So that logic makes no sense. Before yesterday I don't remember an article or a TV analyst referring to Jerry Sloan as getting "fired" by the Jazz.