What's new

Why I like being a Jazz fan

This thread has been hi-jacked. I guess one thing I do not like about being a Jazz fan is that any time someone posts a thread asserting optimism in the team, a gang of dudes ends up talking about how big/small they are.
You dudes are alright as you are! Lbs, kgs, cubits, furlongs. All are welcome to sit under the Jazz bodhisattva tree and eat its supple fruit.

Is it just me or does she look 10+ years older in the 2nd and 3rd pics vs. the 1st? I would have guessed 30-something for the "starting point" photo and 40's for the other ones. In any case, kudos to her for being able to lose that much weight.

Losing that much weight tends to accentuate the wrinkles thereby making them look older, at least in the face.

People forget that the Utah Jazz are the fifth best franchise in the NBA when it comes to win/loss ration over the history of the franchise. This predicament that we've been in recently is a completely new thing for the Jazz, we don't have many losing seasons prior to Sloan leaving. And that's quite amazing of a record given the size of the market. I think the organization is on the right track and I expect us to get out of that slump sooner rather than later. So yes, I do have hope too.

I've never lived in SLC, I've never lived in Utah. I've never lived in the US. I remember the weekly NBA Action 30 minutes shows we used to get back home in the early 90s when I was a child and that was my only exposure to the NBA and the Jazz I had, but still it was enough to draw me to the Jazz. I was captured by the Stockton-Malone partnership and remember several years later waking up at 3am to watch the finals vs the Bulls with school starting at 7:30... In a time when every single one around me was a Jordan/Bulls fan, I 'chose' the Jazz... as much as you can talk about choice when it comes to fandom, 'cause to me it's more emotional attraction than a rational decision to be a fan of this or that team... So, yah... that's my how and why I became a Jazz fan story :)

I like the Jazz because home crowd is full and loud. I hope I can make it to ESA one day to watch a game with bare eyes. Hopefully, it will be a Conference Finals game.

jazz fans are true fans. not like ****ing lakers, clippers, heat (i bet their fans become cavs fan now), jazz fans are real. seats are mostly full even when they struggle. i just love this team. let's go jazzzzz :)

People forget that the Utah Jazz are the fifth best franchise in the NBA when it comes to win/loss ration over the history of the franchise. This predicament that we've been in recently is a completely new thing for the Jazz, we don't have many losing seasons prior to Sloan leaving. And that's quite amazing of a record given the size of the market. I think the organization is on the right track and I expect us to get out of that slump sooner rather than later. So yes, I do have hope too.

I've never lived in SLC, I've never lived in Utah. I've never lived in the US. I remember the weekly NBA Action 30 minutes shows we used to get back home in the early 90s when I was a child and that was my only exposure to the NBA and the Jazz I had, but still it was enough to draw me to the Jazz. I was captured by the Stockton-Malone partnership and remember several years later waking up at 3am to watch the finals vs the Bulls with school starting at 7:30... In a time when every single one around me was a Jordan/Bulls fan, I 'chose' the Jazz... as much as you can talk about choice when it comes to fandom, 'cause to me it's more emotional attraction than a rational decision to be a fan of this or that team... So, yah... that's my how and why I became a Jazz fan story :)

Why do you live bro?

I was a kid back then as well. My elder brother would wake up to watch the games and I would wake up with him. I remember him telling me about finals. He was so excited. I think it rubbed on me. He was a Jordan fan but I cheered for the Jazz just to spite him.