What's new

Why I like being a Jazz fan

Jose_Ortiz_fan

We have faith. I'm an atheist, but I always have faith that the Jazz will win. Unless it's written on the wall (think Korby Briant being a lil beach on nat'l tv), I always, deep down, hope for the Jazz to win. We're perennial underdogs, with our only legitimate collegiate star being De'ron Williams (he played at Illinois).
0.jpg

The term "Jazz basketball" means something to us. Basketball should be fun-damental. I use that phrase with no irony. It starts at the coach, transmitted through the PG, and executed throughout the team. Jazz basketball doesn't take "nights off."

blog9962widea.jpg

My faith may differ from yours, but when it's the Jazz playing, our faith is the same. Am I right? What do you like about being a Jazz fan?

Stockton-and-Malone-statues.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-06-06-at-8.23.05-PM.png

20140314-brandysstory-1.jpg

resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-its-okay-for-you-to-continue-your-evil-ways-i-bled-for-you-and-all-that-jazz-51cd0f.jpg

9aa8ef4d5fef643df7a8f4769086f8dd.jpg

Bring the title back to Utah...
6501b_lg.jpg

And Booner kicks Matt Harpring's lily-white commentator ***.
-JOF

That the missus? If so, well done.

Also HECK YEA!!!!

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not my esposa, but a fellow Jazz fan who shows her dedication.

Is it just me or does she look 10+ years older in the 2nd and 3rd pics vs. the 1st? I would have guessed 30-something for the "starting point" photo and 40's for the other ones. In any case, kudos to her for being able to lose that much weight.

There are lots of great things about being a Jazz fan, but the thing I love the most is the chicks. I probably wouldn't get half the girls I get if it wasn't for rockin' the Jazz gear. What can I say? The ladies love the note.
-

#IDoesItForDaBitchez

Love your post and enthusiasm. Jazzfanz need more of this. But, I'm a little confused by:

our only legitimate collegiate star being De'ron Williams (he played at Illinois).
[

Deron doesn't play for us anymore.

Trey Burke won basically every college award there was.

Hayward and Butler was the cinderella story that captivated the nation.

Yeah, Burks played in Boulder, CO, but he was definitely a star, and definitely known.

Rodney Hood was team captin at Duke.

Etc.

I love being a jazzfan because im an optimist... and I love each year assuredly gotta be better than the last.

Is it just me or does she look 10+ years older in the 2nd and 3rd pics vs. the 1st? I would have guessed 30-something for the "starting point" photo and 40's for the other ones. In any case, kudos to her for being able to lose that much weight.

Very common with weight loss. Once you lose the fat, the wrinkles then show up.

Very common with weight loss. Once you lose the fat, the wrinkles then show up.

This is true... I'm quite chubby for my height (76kg, 175cm), and people always think I'm 24-25 years old, when in fact I'm 32.

Wonder how I would look if I lose 5-6 kg? Would I look really old?

This is true... I'm quite chubby for my height (76kg, 175cm), and people always think I'm 24-25 years old, when in fact I'm 32.

Wonder how I would look if I lose 5-6 kg? Would I look really old?

Are you made of cocaine? Everybody knows only cocaine is measured in kg.