What's new

Why it sucks to be Boston.

Beantown

In the past 12 months the Celtics have decided to give Max contracts to two guys:

1. Al Horford

2. Gordon Haywood

Now we are pissed he left but next to Gobert the future looked bright. With Horford...not so much.. He is 31 and slow. Now the Celtics do have lottery picks but they are 3-5 years from being impact players.

My point is even without Haywood I still like the Jazz roster/position better. Haywood and Horford are not top 15 players.

Ainge's plan is to max out Horford and Hayward? All I can say is:

tenor.gif

In the past 12 months the Celtics have decided to give Max contracts to two guys:

1. Al Horford

2. Gordon Haywood

Now we are pissed he left but next to Gobert the future looked bright. With Horford...not so much.. He is 31 and slow. Now the Celtics do have lottery picks but they are 3-5 years from being impact players.

My point is even without Haywood I still like the Jazz roster/position better. Haywood and Horford are not top 15 players.

Ainge's plan is to max out Horford and Hayward? All I can say is:
Don't forget IT said to back up the Brinks truck. He's going to get $30M+ next summer. Unless his hip problems continue, at which point it's nice to have Fultz to take over. Oh wait...

Don't forget IT said to back up the Brinks truck. He's going to get $30M+ next summer. Unless his hip problems continue, at which point it's nice to have Fultz to take over. Oh wait...

Yep, and once you sign him the rest of that roster is gone. IT, Haywood, and Horford are not bringing home a Championship, or probably getting out of the east.

I agree that Boston isn't in a great position. They are now over the cap and will be over the tax next year when they sign gimpy midget.

But we are in a terrible position now too. We are 2 or 3 significant pieces away from championship contention now. And we have to find a way to find all of them in the next three years to have any hope of ever winning a ring with Rudy I think. He'll be a free agent in 4 years and 29 years old.

I love the use of haywood.
Using that from now on.

guyz, it's not about winning or losing. It's about how many All star games he can make.

What's funny to me is that the other two players in their "core" were both widely criticized by the Boston and national media at the end of the playoffs.

A common story line for the talking heads was Boston needed to trade one or both of them AND acquire Haywood to advance.

Boston is a good position for the future, like 3 to 4 years. Their real potential is the draft picks they have and those young players, but that takes time to develop.

At the very end, the Jazz offered every reason to stay and Haywood just chose to leave. It's sad.

I hope Goran Haywood likes to lose. He's going to get to LeBron and lose the next 3 years. Then his next contract will look like the one George Hill just got and he'll be on a team like the Kings. He's not a #1 option and he was just paid to be one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I hope Goran Haywood likes to lose. He's going to get to LeBron and lose the next 3 years. Then his next contract will look like the one George Hill just got and he'll be on a team like the Kings. He's not a #1 option and he was just paid to be one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I doubt he picks his next destination, boston has three young ( inexpensive) players playing his same position, and celtics did not pay Haywood to be a second or third option on a 50 win team.

Thomas drug them to the conference finals last year, they won't be satisfied with less, and if they take a step back they could come after Haywood's head.

One of the softest teams on the interior in the entire league. They don't protect the paint and they don't board. That's never been a recipe for rings.

Memphis shopping Gasol. Boston, in a few days, could very well be:

IT
Hayward/Semi
Brown/Tatum
Horford
Gasol

Their bench will be awful but I'd guess they sign some of the solid guys left on MLE deals.

Either way though, I think the Cavs could beat them. Lebron would destroy them. Love would destroy Horford. Irving could better IT. And Gasol will be 33 in January and Horford is 31.

They kicked our *** 3 times this year, specifically IT at the perimeter.

We need some lock down defenders on the perimeter like Kahwi. Ingles shut down reddick like mad, Rubio is a good defender, Neto isn't horrible... :(

Sucks to be Boston?

Yeah who wants to have a #1 seeded team with 3 All-Stars a handful of young and cheap talent and a bunch of future draft picks. If you could swap the Jazz roster withe Celtics roster you would do it in a heart beat. And if you say otherwise you're either a liar or a fool.

Sucks to be Boston?

Yeah who wants to have a #1 seeded team with 3 All-Stars a handful of young and cheap talent and a bunch of future draft picks. If you could swap the Jazz roster withe Celtics roster you would do it in a heart beat. And if you say otherwise you're either a liar or a fool.

They're also one year away from having three max contracts: a 5'10 point guard that is the worst defender in the league, Al Horford, and the Jazz' second best player.

... a bunch of future draft picks.

Boston has already made a bunch of draft picks this decade. Here are the first rounders:

Jaylen Brown
Guerschon Yabusele
Ante Zizic
Terry Rozier
RJ Hunter
Marcus Smart
James Young
Lucas Nogueira
Jared Sullinger
Fab Melo
MarShon Brooks
Avery Bradley