Why the Spurs Won

this is what shaq put up in 2000 finals against the pacers

43/19reb
40/23
33/13
36/21
35/11
41/12

shooting over 60% fg. and he was great defensively. too much size, power, and SPEED. 335lb monster who ran like gazelle. are you kidding me?

......gazelle? More like a bulldozer with legs! Missed more free throws than Wilt ever did! His game had no grace to it whatsoever! He turned out to be a clown with gym shorts on and went down hill faster than running water! Nobody really liked watching Shaq play basketball. It was truly a testimony to Phil Jackson's coaching ability along with Phil's side kick.....that Shaq could remember even a smidgen of what the "triangle offense" was all about, since his attention span was close to a 5 year old!

......gazelle? More like a bulldozer with legs! Missed more free throws than Wilt ever did! His game had no grace to it whatsoever! He turned out to be a clown with gym shorts on and went down hill faster than running water! Nobody really liked watching Shaq play basketball. It was truly a testimony to Phil Jackson's coaching ability along with Phil's side kick.....that Shaq could remember even a smidgen of what the "triangle offense" was all about, since his attention span was close to a 5 year old!

shaq was a one of kind. he was the biggest, strongest, and had one of the quickest footwork pound for pound. if you think shaq was all power then you are officially the worst evaluator of a talent.

because

1. Bron destroys kobe in mvps. 4 to 1.
2. I know kobe has 5 rings, but Bron didn't have a peak shaq. Imagine if bron is #2 option. he would thrive. so IMO championship argument is a wash.
3. Bron has better stats. much more efficient. in both regular season and the playoffs

It's close. in 4th qtr i take kobe over bron easily. aesthetically Kobe's game is better to look at. top 3 greatest scorer of all time. but if i'm building a team, i build around bron. and i can't ignore superior stats and 3 more regular season mvps. and bron will only climb up.
good answer and i agree.

i also liked your all time list

this is what shaq put up in 2000 finals against the pacers

43/19reb
40/23
33/13
36/21
35/11
41/12

shooting over 60% fg. and he was great defensively. too much size, power, and SPEED. 335lb monster who ran like gazelle. are you kidding me?
beast

Yeah, I'm very perplexed as to how the Mavs took it to them so well. I completely doubted them after that series (had the Blazers winning in 6 as you know), but I underestimated the impact of Diaw and Mills. Stoked for both players-- I like their games.

The Mavs played very well -- and had some luck too. Remember that outrageous 3 at the buzzer by Carter? The way they played they would've given the Heat all they could've handled.

.....this is where your credibility takes a serious hit! The ONLY player of those 3 that could even sniff Mount Rushmore would be Jordan. He's got rings and stats. Bird and Shaq? Not even close! You've completely overlooked Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who has more rings and stats than just about anybody, you have overlooked Chamberlin who also has two rings and more career stat records than Bird and Shaq combined.....and you've left out Magic Johnson! Heck, you've got to put Duncan ahead of Bird and Shaq for both of those reasons, as well! By the way, Shaq would not be on anybody's top 20 list for greatest NBA players of all time.....if they had half a brain and eyes to see with!

CJ, how can you leave out Bird -- you especially, best instincts and best team player of all time, plus one of the greatest shooters and passers, of all time, as well

shaq was a one of kind. he was the biggest, strongest, and had one of the quickest footwork pound for pound. if you think shaq was all power then you are officially the worst evaluator of a talent.

i loved watching shaq play basketball. i'm sure i wasn't the only one. it was a must see TV for me. i find him fascinating. a guy that big isn't supposed to be that fast and agile.

you can call him an idiot all you want, but at the end of the day he won 4 rings and went to 6 championships with 3 different teams.

Wilt in his prime and even not so prime would have destroyed Shaq! Moses Malone would have also dominated him....he was big enough, strong enough.....and had more brains than Shaq ever dreamed of having! The fact that Shaqs rebound totals were never much to write home about can tell you exactly how pathetically flawed his overall game really was! With his size and strength he should have stumbled into 10 rebounds and then grabbed another 10 with an ounce of brains! Shaq...."must see t.v.?" Your kidding, right? Jabbar would have also held his own and probably would have outscored Shaq on a game by game basis. I'm going to do some research on Shaqs overall stats.....and point out further weaknesses in his game!

CJ, how can you leave out Bird -- you especially, best instincts and best team player of all time, plus one of the greatest shooters and passers, of all time, as well

....of course, I liked Bird and his game. However, his overall career stats were lacking, Magic Johnson had more championships, and considering the need to include both to land on Mount Rushmore......Bird is OUT! As you can see, I'm looking at this from an objective standpoint not from a bias leaning either racially or otherwise!

Shaq never averaged 14 rebounds a game in any season he played. Career wise he averaged 10.9 rebounds. You know why those averages are so poor? Didn't have brains enough to box out! His 2.3 assists average is also pathetic considering all the double teams he got! His shooting percentage was high but what did you expect? He bull rushed himself to the rim, knocking over everybody in his way, traveling most of the time....and dunking the ball (had a jack-hammer touch around the basket!) If you consider that "must see t.v.".....well, it doesn't take much to impress you, that's for sure!

Wilt in his prime and even not so prime would have destroyed Shaq! Moses Malone would have also dominated him....he was big enough, strong enough.....and had more brains than Shaq ever dreamed of having! The fact that Shaqs rebound totals were never much to write home about can tell you exactly how pathetically flawed his overall game really was! With his size and strength he should have stumbled into 10 rebounds and then grabbed another 10 with an ounce of brains! Shaq...."must see t.v.?" Your kidding, right? Jabbar would have also held his own and probably would have outscored Shaq on a game by game basis. I'm going to do some research on Shaqs overall stats.....and point out further weaknesses in his game!

no they won't. shaq is an all time great. shaq vs. wilt is a great match up. it won't be one sided. wilt has a defensive edge, but shaq has a better offense. stop discrediting all the players you hate. it is so immature. and look at my top 10 list again. i have wilt/russell/kareem ahead of shaq.

Shaq was a great talent. probably the most talented big man ever walked on earth. but we all know shaq played out of shape and sometimes he didn't give 100% effort. that's why kobe couldn't stand him. if shaq had kobe's work ethic, he would be avg 35/15 easily.

but shaq did take it to a new level in the playoffs unlike karl malone. when it was time to perform shaq delivered.

from 1999 to 2004 in the playoffs
this is shaq's rebound numbers

tell me he can't rebound. rebounding is all about position and an effort. he increased his effort in the playoffs and there was nothing you could do about it.

go find some weakness.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/o/onealsh01.html