What's new

Will Hardy calls out the team's selfish play

Hardy was asked about the tht 3 vs magic he said there were 4 options on that play and tht had a very clean look and it was a good one. This made me wonder why draw a 4 option play on a high pressure situation especially when we don’t have a dependable facilitator. Why not simplify things?

THT is the best guy we have at breaking the paint. What happens next is often a mystery.
Hardy was asked about the tht 3 vs magic he said there were 4 options on that play and tht had a very clean look and it was a good one. This made me wonder why draw a 4 option play on a high pressure situation especially when we don’t have a dependable facilitator. Why not simplify things?
Because simple is easy to stop

JC did his job last year, in order to have a new contract. I think now he is waiting for to be traded in a good team where he can be a 6th men. He want to win.

I wanna blame Hardy and for sure some part of the blame fall on him....

....but then I look at the tools he has to work with. And by tools I mean tools.

Will Hardy: we do t believe in point guards and don’t think we need one.

Also Will Hardy: We selfish as hell… no one is playing for the team.

It’s so very obvious we needed a pg. it’s so very obvious having this many dribble happy combo guards was going to be a problem. It was so obvious that the starting lineup was going to have deficiencies because the options provide to little shooting a a lack of passing/playmaking.

We ignored fit and redundancy… this is on Danny but also on Will if he’s blessing this because he thinks he can figure it out. Can’t have all these guys playing against their natural basketball tendencies and expect them to be good. When they go to their tendencies it will look like selfish nonsense.

This type of thing happening was so obvious.

Why does Dunn suck this year and was very good last year? Is it that Alex Jensen is gone and the new coaches don't know how to coach?

Why does Dunn suck this year and was very good last year? Is it that Alex Jensen is gone and the new coaches don't know how to coach?
He wasn't very good last year, he was in the ****ing G-League. He came to Utah at a point where we started tanking, so he was playing with zero pressure and didn't need to change his outdated game in any way.

He'll be back in the G-League sooner than we think.

I'm starting to get a bit tired of Hardy's smart *** routine in post game pressers and interviews. You may be frustrated, but it's not showing on the court in any way, buddy. When you've done nothing but enable Sexton, Clarkson and THT since the season started, you're not allowed to run your mouth about the "team" playing selfish. Take control. You're the damn head coach.

To be fair, Hardy must be feeling uncomfortable at this point. Last year, he was the darling of the media, a young genius out of nowhere who got a lot of credit (some of it unearned, IMO) for managing to get a lot out of a bunch of misfits. Even the tanking didn't leave a stain on his rep since everyone knew it was basically DA's executive order.

This year, though, feels like the inmates are running the asylum and it's making Hardy look bad. Young, ambitious coaches don't want to look bad.

IMO the jury is still out on Hardy as an NBA head coach. The honeymoon is over.

Last edited:
i think the team management is doing two things by playing all the guards the whole game, trying to see what they have and giving them time so that they can produce to possibly be traded.

Might be seeing the other rookies soon. This season will be decided in the next 2 weeks. Tank or tank.lite

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk