What's new

Will Hardy expected to be hired as head coach

Will Hardy fits the profile of someone you bring in for a tank.
I would agree.. young coach coming in to change a culture. It does sound like he is a guy who will theoretically demand execution... though if Quin's voice didn't work I am not sure Hardy will be the changeup the vets respect.

I was kidding, but yeah the Ainge Boston connection... I mean I know its the post ainge era but Danny boy was on the damn court two seconds after the final buzzer went off. I think he has a relationship there more than say Johnny Bryant.
Perhaps the organization didn't hire Bryant or Jensen as head coach because Bryant is Donny's guy and Jensen is Rudy's guy. That could lead to a winner and loser scenario and cause more division in the locker. Or Don and Rudy are getting traded and Ryan wants a new start. New uniforms, new coach and new team.

Wow. I know I'm getting old and everything, but it's still a bit bizarre to see a head coach like 10 years younger than me.

Hope he does well.

No complaints here. But I do have a little concern about players buying into a younger and less experienced head coach.
I know the NFL is different but the Rams selected Sean Miller who was in his 30's. I think if he knows his stuff, he will gain the respect of the players. I am sure players can reach out to Celtic players and ask them about him too. Age isn't an issue for me. In some ways it is more of a positive because he is from the same generation or close to the same generation of his players so he can relate to what is going on with them.

Also Will Hardy a good 3 or 4 years younger than Spo when hired. Not the same
Oh, 3 years older isn't the same even though how they worked their way up from being a video guy to being a head coach at a rather young age. I'm totally off.

I'd still like to see this "tanking coach" profile

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think so, later in the interview TJ said Hardy has a clear vision of what he wants his system to look like built around Donovan. This was his response when asked if the Jazz were entering a re-build...

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1541863727019872256

Tony also told me that NAW was going to be in the rotation with the Jazz immediately... I do think you are correct but Tony reports what his sources tell him and they aren't always right or honest.

For whatever reason Rudy isn’t well liked by his fellow players across the league. I love the guy, but I wonder if that does play some role in trading him.
A few cool kids were threatened by him so they made fun of him in front of everyone in the cafeteria.

I think guys would like playing with him. I think he is an outsider and didn't grow up in the AAU culture. Guys like Kyrie are well liked by many players... so I don't really care. I doubt any player seriously considering playing here decides not to because of Rudy... I think opposite is likely true.

Tony Jones on ESPN 700 said he's hearing that Alex Jensen and the rest of the assistants most likely won't be retained, says Hardy will likely bring in his own staff.

It will be interesting to see who he brings in as assistants. It felt like Quin avoided hiring established assistants. I always got the impression Quin didn't want to be challenged by his assistants. I thought it was one of his weaknesses.

It will be interesting to see who he brings in as assistants. It felt like Quin avoided hiring established assistants. I always got the impression Quin didn't want to be challenged by his assistants. I thought it was one of his weaknesses.
They also cost money and FO isnt always willing to grant that kind of money to coaches to hire those guys.

Which is why Im a bit surprised if Jensen is let go. They still have to pay him.