• Yes

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
Simple poll: yes or no.

Utah is now at 24-35. They've won 7 of their last 9 and are 5-1 since the Kanter trade.

1. We have 12 home games left and 11 away.
2. Of our home games, 6 are against teams with winning records and 6 are against sub-.500 opponents.
3. Of our away games, only 4 are against teams over .500 and 7 are against sub-,500 teams.

Can we finish with 41 wins?

They'd have to go 17-6. I say no but it will be darn close. I stick to my 38 wins I predicted at the beginning of the season.

Sorry, forgot to make the poll public.
I'm drinking the punch after tonight. I think there's an excellent chance Utah comes close. Which really ruins Snyder's chance at getting COY next season. I think Kerr has it wrapped up this year. Snyder would have been in the running if we had improved from 25 or so wins and made the playoffs next year. Unfortunately, everyone has already discovered Gobert and knows Utah is a damn good team.

17 out of 23 as wins to do so. Would that put us in striking distance of a playoff spot? Holy crap that would be nuts.

That said, if we can keep up our current pace of play I think we would have a shot at ending even on the year.

Bump.
Suddenly, 13-5 doesn't look impossible. Still unlikely, but this team has been amazing lately!
Home: 9-1. Allowing a loss to either Memphis or Dallas
Away: 4-4. Losses @GS, @Hou, @Por (that one is winnable, though, w/o Matthews)
Away Wins (Need 4 of these): @LAL, @Den, @Min, @Pho, @Sac

With playoff teams possibly resting starters and tanking teams jockeying for the worst record, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. BUT.... only losing 5 games the rest of the way out seems pretty steep. I hope so though!

If they finish above .500 for the season I'll be shocked. As will the entire NBA.
I would however be super stoked for next season. Ah who am I kidding that's already a forgone conclusion.

They now only have to go 13-5.

v. Pistons - W
v. Hornets - W
v. Wizards - W
@ Lakers - W
@ Warriors - L
v. Twolves - W
v. Blazers - W
@ Nuggets - W
v. Thunder - L
@ Twolves - W
v. Nuggets - W
@ Suns - W
@ Kings - L
v. Kings - W
v. Grizzlies - W
@ Blazers - L
v. Mavs - W
@ Rockets - L

That is 13-5 and possible imo. 41-41.

I'll call 39 wins.

A 40 win season would be ridiculous. Playoffs and serious COY consideration for Quin next season.

It's definitely possible, but I think the Jazz will probably drop a winnable game or two and wind up with 38 or 39 wins. I think my initial prediction was 32 wins, so even if they don't get to .500 my expectations will have been exceeded.

v. Pistons - W
v. Hornets - W
v. Wizards - W
@ Lakers - W
@ Warriors - L
v. Twolves - W
v. Blazers - W
@ Nuggets - W
v. Thunder - L
@ Twolves - W
v. Nuggets - W
@ Suns - W
@ Kings - L
v. Kings - W
v. Grizzlies - W
@ Blazers - L
v. Mavs - W
@ Rockets - L

I wouldn't put money on it, but I really would love to see this happen.

If Favors and Exum can keep up their offense aggressiveness...wow. Holy ****. 13-5 would be very doable. I said 40 wins after traded Kanter. I still think we can do it.

Getting to .500 would be really tough, although doable. I'm utterly shocked at how well we've played since Kanter was traded. After our Nov/Dec slump there was no way I thought we would even flirt with 40 wins on the year, very exciting. I'm going to the game tomorrow and can't wait to see this new defense play. And next season....playoffs

v. Pistons - W
v. Hornets - W
v. Wizards - W
@ Lakers - W
@ Warriors - L
v. Twolves - W
v. Blazers - W
@ Nuggets - W
v. Thunder - L
@ Twolves - W
v. Nuggets - W
@ Suns - W
@ Kings - L
v. Kings - W
v. Grizzlies - W
@ Blazers - L
v. Mavs - W
@ Rockets - L

I have no faith in the Jazz beating the Mavericks....Ever. I don't know why but that team has our #.

I have no faith in the Jazz beating the Mavericks....Ever. I don't know why but that team has our #.

Then give them the loss slated to the Queens. We aren't losing to the Queens. Thing about the Mavs is that they are mediocre against good teams and take care of business against bad teams. That game right there should be a VERY good measuring stick.