What's new

Winter

babe

Just traveling, metaphorically.

The north slope of Alaska is getting cold. It's not the equinox yet, but already the daily hights are below freezing, with teens at night ,and snow.

Baguio, in the mountains of Benguet, has so little variance year-round, in temperatures, some say it's meaningless to discuss "hot" or "cold". Highs range from the mid seventies to the low eighties, lows range from the low fifties to almost seventy.

Don't get me wrong here. I have a fireplace and I burn wood at night. Sixty is brrrrrrr cold. Get out the blankets.

Been a lot of talk about the Arctic ice melt off.

We've been pulling wooly mammoth tusks outta the arctic muck for a few years ,but that's all going away this winter, and won't be back next summer. Just another interglacial warm excursion, like regular, in all interglacial warm epochs of the past few million years. Part of the reason is just that less ice means greater heat loss rates for some components of the total radiance factors. But then there's this "Grand Solar Minimum" event coming on right now....

We have all kinds of people with all kinds of ideas, but the babe climate forecast is for a very cold Arctic winter, and some Texas cold snaps like we had last winter. Snow in Corpus Christi, some flakes in the Harris county highlands (lol) north of Houston. So the babe forecast emphasis is on the polar vortex models. We had some extreme polar vortex and jet stream energy late last spring. We have an oncoming ENSO El Nino coming next spring. We still have a drought in the Southwest/CA area despite some unusual monsoonal rain events this summer....... meaning dry Southwest winter is still the prospect under a persistent high pressure bubble, with the jet stream doing great turns. From Hawaii to Anchorage then over the Rockies in Canada and down the high plains to Texas. Overall, ice sheets reforming in the Arctic due to extreme excursions bringing in plenty of moisture from lower latitudes and a propensity to precipitate in the Arctic, which will be cold enough this winter to do that.

Globalist climate alarmists will be lying harder this winter. Probably a few just losing it because of panic or something.

Last edited:
Love this time of year in California. Cool in the morning, say mid-60's. High maybe tops 90. Cools off early enough to spend some time comfortably outside in the afternoon and evening. This and spring are the best times here. And this will last a couple of months, if not longer. Although I really do hope we get more rain in the valley and snow in the mountains this year.

Love this time of year in California. Cool in the morning, say mid-60's. High maybe tops 90. Cools off early enough to spend some time comfortably outside in the afternoon and evening. This and spring are the best times here. And this will last a couple of months, if not longer. Although I really do hope we get more rain in the valley and snow in the mountains this year.

I know.

The best thing about Salt lake City is it's only eleven hours from San Diego in January.

Baguio is often compared to San Francisco. Camp John Hay was the US Military Asia R&R resort. Quite a lot of Americans here still. A sort of "Think Tank Row" for Asia today.

A remake of the Presiio or Monterey. It gets up to 100 once in a while on the Norcalcoast and Redding gets to 110.. Lake Tahoe is great in the summer, but NO to snow for me.