What's new

With 8 days left, SPEAKING THE #1 PICK INTO EXISTENCE!!! No churro talk allowed

What frustrates me is that we traded everyone at the all star break but we won 4 of the next 6 games. We then went 50/50 for a few weeks before losing virtually every remaining game.

If we had lost after the all star break like we should have and missed on say 5 more games then we would be sitting in the top 10 now.

What frustrates me is that we traded everyone at the all star break but we won 4 of the next 6 games. We then went 50/50 for a few weeks before losing virtually every remaining game.

If we had lost after the all star break like we should have and missed on say 5 more games then we would be sitting in the top 10 now.
Wait… what? We are #9 that’s top ten idiot!!

Obviously Wemby is a huge prospect and talent, but I guess I'm somewhat cautious with my expectations for him in the NBA. I wish him all the best and if he works out he'll be a sight to see, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Ralph Sampson 2.0.

Nothing to worry or beeing angry. Draft is not the solution to every problem. It may help but it's not. Ask NO with Zion, Memphis with JA or GSW with Wiseman.... lot of things can happen. Wemby may need 2 or 3 years to become good and we have Lauri at his prime. Draft smart, trade smart and we wil be good this year. Total trust in DA.

It sucks that our players and coaches still gave a damn, right?

Obviously Wemby is a huge prospect and talent, but I guess I'm somewhat cautious with my expectations for him in the NBA. I wish him all the best and if he works out he'll be a sight to see, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Ralph Sampson 2.0.
He’s what, 7 foot 4? I can’t remember the last nba prospect that big who wasn’t riddled with injuries. Then again, that’s probably a small sample size.

It’s amazing how durable Rudy and Joker have been. Usually big dudes who play heavy mins end up injured all the time like Davis, Embiid, Towns, etc

I got a concussion a year ago. Some 20something kid hit me in a targeting moment with no helmets. The worst part is the ball was 30 feet away from my head when he came through my temple. No helmets. He then stood over me and taunted me. We were winning 6 - 1 with 2 minutes left in the game. Pretty awful.

It has been bad the last 3 weeks. Reset in a way.

I meant top 5. Clearly not right in the head right now.

I’m angrier at the spurs getting the #1 pick. They got the best player for a generation 25ish years ago. If Wemby plays to his potential, then they got another Duncan and 4-6 titles over the next 20 years again.
They dont have the other pieces they had back then. They were a playoff bound team with a HoF bound center and an all star caliber SF. They got riddled with injuries and tanked as a last resort.

They dont even have a proper big 2 in place right now, let alone the most dominant frontcourt in league history which they had the second they got Duncan.

They need to figure out fitting pieces and build up around Wemby to be able to cash in on his promise.

Could we dismiss all lottery conspiracy theory now that the blatantly tanking Portland jumped into the top 3?

They dont have the other pieces they had back then. They were a playoff bound team with a HoF bound center and an all star caliber SF. They got riddled with injuries and tanked as a last resort.

They dont even have a proper big 2 in place right now, let alone the most dominant frontcourt in league history which they had the second they got Duncan.

They need to figure out fitting pieces and build up around Wemby to be able to cash in on his promise.
Finding the #1 piece is the hardest part. It’s something we haven’t figured out since the statues retired. Finding a good supporting cast? It’s easy and we’ve done it several times in the past 20 years.

Can we let this terribly cursed thread die already? OP should get banned from starting threads.
Or just ban the ones that brought the churro into this after the fact. I mean if that idiot churro was so great we’d be talking about Wemby right now instead of the ninth pick. So maybe we can just ban you and all the idiots that brought that curse into this thread

Finding the #1 piece is the hardest part. It’s something we haven’t figured out since the statues retired. Finding a good supporting cast? It’s easy and we’ve done it several times in the past 20 years.
Tell that to Cleveland who drafted the last generational guy and had to see him leave elsewhere to win.

Or to Philadelphia with Embiid. Or to Orlando (pick either Shaq or Howard era).