What's new

With the 5th pick the Utah Jazz select Noah Vonleh

Game6Conley

460x.jpg

vonleh-o.gif

Freshman stats:
26.5 MPG, 11.3PPG, 9.0REB, 53% FG, 49% 3PT, 72% FT's, .9 STL, 1.4BLK

Combine Measurements:
6'9½" in-shoes, 7'4¼" wingspan, 9' standing reach, 7.3% bodyfat, 9¾" hand length, 11¾" hand width, 31" standing vertical, 37" max vert, no-step reach 11'7", max reach 12'1", 11.45 Agility drill, 3.28 ¾court sprint.

rake_140319_IU_vonleh.jpg

I wouldnt hate that. His PG never even attempted to get him involved so his situation was terrible. When we was allowed to have some free reign he played very well.

there's some rumblings the Magic may take him at 4

also, according to reports the Lakers "really like" Noah and would take him 7th if he fell

there's some rumblings the Magic may take him at 4

also, according to reports the Lakers "really like" Noah and would take him 7th if he fell

I would just take him to piss off the Lakers. I am leaning towards him if Randle and Smart are the only one on board. I think he could be a steal in this draft. I wasn't that impressed with him at the beginning of the year but he played better and I can tell you his PGs were terrible.

I would just take him to piss off the Lakers. I am leaning towards him if Randle and Smart are the only one on board. I think he could be a steal in this draft. I wasn't that impressed with him at the beginning of the year but he played better and I can tell you his PGs were terrible.
Or take him and swap picks later with the Lakers for some cash or a future pick. If Magic take Vonleh at #4, that pushes Exum or someone else down to us.
DL was quoted as saying he was very glad the Jazz didn't drop two spots. Could be that someone impresses during workouts and we are left with one of the original top-4. Or maybe the one who impresses WILL be Vonleh and we'll get him at #5.

If we do, I want some reps. I've been driving the Vonleh bus for the longest time (even before the combine)!

Or take him and swap picks later with the Lakers for some cash or a future pick. If Magic take Vonleh at #4, that pushes Exum or someone else down to us.
DL was quoted as saying he was very glad the Jazz didn't drop two spots. Could be that someone impresses during workouts and we are left with one of the original top-4. Or maybe the one who impresses WILL be Vonleh and we'll get him at #5.

If we do, I want some reps. I've been driving the Vonleh bus for the longest time (even before the combine)!

PG_AB is captain of the Vonleh train, sorry.

Didn't Vonleh put on a ton of weight before he started college? How much was it? How much bigger could we expect him to get?

Didn't Vonleh put on a ton of weight before he started college? How much was it? How much bigger could we expect him to get?

Yes, but he also grew an inch the year before college, although hasn't since. tbh I think both Vonleh and Gordon are done growing, we should not factor in any hope they get bigger.

I wouldn't be furious with Vonlah, but I just know so little about him and don't want a project pick.

With Randle it's the other way. I wouldn't be furious about him, but I'm worried about his upside.

So it goes in this draft I guess.

Well, Julius Randle did lead his team to the National Championship team this year. That is a lot more than either Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker or Joel Embiid did for their teams in the NCAA Tournament. Yeah, I know that Kentucky has/had way more talent than either Kansas or Duke this season, but Randle was by far the best player on that team. And what are we arguing over anyway? Nobody really knows who is going to be the best player from this draft, so, why don't we just wait and see what happens? Just because the media pimps some players as being the best doesn't mean that they are going to be the best.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

he was 222lbs his last year of HS, and put on 20-25lbs during the summer. he said hes never lifted weights before he got to IU and just played a TON of pickup basketball. The strength and conditioning coach at IU said he put the upperclassman to shame right away.

considering his work ethic, and that hes already pretty jacked at 18, and his west african genetics, I he ends up a rock solid 260, with quick twitch. I dont think its out of the question that he grows another inch either, his family is very tall, his little sister is 6'3"

I think Ian Mahinmi is a good body type comparison, here he is at 26 or 27, i think thats about right

Ian-Mahinmi-Indiana-Pacers.jpg

Maybe, but he doesn't like him as much as I do. Think he's right there with the big three in this draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have him right up there, im still waiting on what happens with workouts. especially if the word is that hes shooting well, ill probably move him into the top 3.

the way i see it the top tier of the draft is 5 deep, but i want to hear more of this Jabari Parker out of shape story before i finalize my rankings