What's new

Woj: Celtics working to land both Gordon Hayward and Paul George

We ain't getting the #1 pick with our roster minus hayward doe.

You trade all the vets for future assets - Favors, JJ, (sign Ingles to keep him as an asset and trade him at trade deadline), possibly even Hood(I'm still not sure about this one...), Neto

Take a flyer on Jabari Parker if his value is super low(I don't know if that's the case). Trade Favors+Hood for him for example... something like that.

Put a roster full of rookies on the floor and watch them lose. Give Exum the chance to run point. Let him turn it over on 25% of possessions, let him develop his PG skills without any regard for winning, without worrying about keeping him on a leash, etc.

PG: Exum, Marcus Paige, Nigel Williams-Goss
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Tyrone Wallace,
SF: Hood(or not, if you manage to trade him for something good), Ingles(for half the year), some minimum contract. UDFA
PF: Joel Bolomboy, some minimum contract or young UDFA
C: Gobert(limit his minutes, shut him down the first time he gets nicked), Bradley, some other min contract.

We can also absorb some bad contracts/players for assets. Opportunistically take some flyers on young players if they are cheap(Hezonja for example).

How many games do we win? I mean, we might not be the absolute worst team in the league, but how many games do we win giving 7 rookies/second year players 20+ minutes a game? I think we can get a top 3 pick this way. The biggest deterrent is really the possibility you piss off Gobert. That's why you need to talk to him and he needs to be in on it and he needs to know what we are doing and what the plan is. You'd be shocked just how many games a bunch of rookies can lose for you.

Last edited:
My point is that you stick to your opinion regardless.

He looked better to me when he was on the court. Stats help show he was better across the season. When he got minutes consistently in the second half of the season it was not really close. When Exum got minutes in the playoffs it was not really close.

Its okay to not like Exum and think he is a bust. It will be easy to see in a few years.
I don't think it's so much that he doesn't like X, I just think he is a big fan of mack