What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Everyone going to play
Pretty much. The entire point of the first year or two of the tank is to play your young players and see who's trade bait and who's worth keeping on the team, see who develops and who does not. Use the draft to grab the BPA and use that as your framework for filling out the roster. Simple as.

Sexton is going to be a fan favorite. I love him already.

I've been a Sexton fan ever since the 3 on 5 game. I think a lot of us are all about him because he's shown he can be a legit starter and we've been burned on PGs ever since Trey Burke broke our hearts and ended up underachieving. We're due for a guy who can be a strength at PG. I like Conley and all but we got him way too late in his career. Rubio couldn't shoot and was underwhelming on defense. George Hill was injury prone.

Sexton can be our scorer and I would love to see a tall SG who can hit the three and play defense along side him.

I've been a Sexton fan ever since the 3 on 5 game. I think a lot of us are all about him because he's shown he can be a legit starter and we've been burned on PGs ever since Trey Burke broke our hearts and ended up underachieving. We're due for a guy who can be a strength at PG. I like Conley and all but we got him way too late in his career. Rubio couldn't shoot and was underwhelming on defense. George Hill was injury prone.

Sexton can be our scorer and I would love to see a tall SG who can hit the three and play defense along side him.
4WHJ7A7ZJVEINO6SQXHIF7NBOM.jpg

No Vando? You don’t think he’d start over Kessler a rookie??

I was talking about long term, and I'm not sure if Vando is in our long term future. I'm not sure kessler becomes anything, but theoretically he could develop in to an elite rim protector/rebounder which is what you would want next to Lauri.

I was talking about long term, and I'm not sure if Vando is in our long term future. I'm not sure kessler becomes anything, but theoretically he could develop in to an elite rim protector/rebounder which is what you would want next to Lauri.
And unlike Vando, we have many more years of team control.

I have no vendetta against Vando, I just think his timeline (contract terms and length, at least) lines up very poorly with ours and we should seize an opportunity to get an asset whose timeline is more aligned.

It was nice seeing Markkanen play out of his mind against Croatia. He's signed for three seasons; what an asset.
Agreed. Sexton and Agbaji also signed to 4 year affordable deals. Agbaji signed to a 4 year rookie contract on top of it.

I'm fully prepared for Don to really go off at least the first season in Cleveland. Danny really got some nice assets in the deal though, esp when you add in those unprotected/swap picks in '28/'29.