What's new

[Woj] Donovan Mitchell signs 5/195M max designated rookie extension with the Jazz

Player option means that we have 3 years until trade demand. Let’s make the most out if it.

He is locked in next season PLUS at least 4 years. Then he has the player option year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Sure...but he’s going to demand our before his contract ends, and in reality it’s going to be a favor to us so we don’t lose him for nothing. I guess four years is the correct number. This year, then 3 on his deal, then he probably looks for greener pastures.

Sure...but he’s going to demand our before his contract ends, and in reality it’s going to be a favor to us so we don’t lose him for nothing. I guess four years is the correct number. This year, then 3 on his deal, then he probably looks for greener pastures.
And since we have absolutely no players in the pipe (and virtually no picks, rotation spots, or money to spend), we should reasonably expect that outcome.

Given that we're gonna see Conley, Bojan, Ingles, Rudy, and basically the whole rotation lose a little bit effectiveness - at absolute minimum - every year, I think it might be kinda painful by that time.

And since we have absolutely no players in the pipe (and virtually no picks, rotation spots, or money to spend), we should reasonably expect that outcome.
I honestly think we could win the championship and Mitchell would still leave. Nothing against him, he’s free to pursue the career he desires. I just can’t imagine he envisions himself playing in Utah forever.

I had always thought this was the Jazz window. The FO knew it too...they just blew their wad on the wrong player (Conley).

The player option makes it trash, and is exactly what I’ve said the entire time. He front office giving in on that is garbage. Wave goodbye cause he fought hard for that PO. Smh.

Given that we're gonna see Conley, Bojan, Ingles, Rudy, and basically the whole rotation lose a little bit effectiveness - at absolute minimum - every year, I think it might be kinda painful by that time.
My guess is there will be lots that changes during that time. There always is. And I think we have several guys in the background that could become very solid starters/rotation guys.

Let’s be real he will likely bolt. Just the reality of today’s NBA. It’s fine though we have our 3 year window let’s see what happens. Also you monger as well max Gobert because you aren’t getting a better player to pair with Mitchell. After the three or four years we probably need to rebuild. But as a fan I am excited for the time we have. We have a legit shot.

Shut up dude. You were saying he was gonna push for a 4 year deal with an option. This deal is the standard. He ain't looking to bolt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Indeed. We have him for 5 years on this deal and if wants to play 5 and get moved during the 6th year so be it. That gives him and us plenty of time to make this work.

Am I the only one who likes the fact that there’s a player option for the 5th year? Our FO has a supreme weakness when it comes to moving too slowly, an inability to pivot, and asset maximizing. I love there there’s some additional heat on them because of that option. They need it.

Am I the only one who likes the fact that there’s a player option for the 5th year? Our FO has a supreme weakness when it comes to moving too slowly, an inability to pivot, and asset maximizing. I love there there’s some additional heat on them because of that option. They need it.
Yes and no. As a rule of thumb, players are absolutely dreadful at talent-evaluation.