Matisse Thybulle

Matthew Dellavedova
Sam Froling
Chris Goulding
Thon Maker
Will McDowell-White
Keanu Pinder
Jack White

The players in bold im pretty sure are locks for the team, for the remaining spot I think Goulding or Jack White are the best bets. Will McDowell-White had a great season this year and looks like he might pick up an NBA spot in the near future and Keanu Pinder has developed into a real player and could be a bolter.

Current boomers squad;

Xavier Cooks
Dyson Daniels
Dante Exum
Josh Giddey
Josh Green
Joe Ingles
Nick Kay
Jock Landale
Patty Mills
Duop Reath
Matisse Thybulle

Matthew Dellavedova
Sam Froling
Chris Goulding
Thon Maker
Will McDowell-White
Keanu Pinder
Jack White

The players in bold im pretty sure are locks for the team, for the remaining spot I think Goulding or Jack White are the best bets. Will McDowell-White had a great season this year and looks like he might pick up an NBA spot in the near future and Keanu Pinder has developed into a real player and could be a bolter.
Interesting. I thought Luke Travers might have got on an invite (he played well in the qualifiers for the Boomers, but I guess he might be a liability vs tougher teams), but he is not on this official list of 18 candidates to the squad. Australia will have a very experienced and talented team, that is for sure, no matter who the twelve are on the final roster!

Interesting. I thought Luke Travers might have got on an invite (he played well in the qualifiers for the Boomers, but I guess he might be a liability vs tougher teams), but he is not on this official list of 18 candidates to the squad. Australia will have a very experienced and talented team, that is for sure, no matter who the twelve are on the final roster!

He'll get his chance eventually, but I doubt its this cycle, seems crazy but the next Olympics is only one year away. That will likely be the end of the road for Ingles, Mills and Kay, Ben Simmons supposedly wanted a spot in the squad and announced through his people that he'd consider playing or something 2 days before it was announced. Fair play to Basketball Australia for ignoring him, I almost feel sorry for him.

Aron Baynes didn't even make this squad.

McDowell-White has really emerged and is probably the second best guard in the country, I remember when he was a teenager people had big wraps on him, looks like he's finally beginning to realise that potential. Keanu Pinder was another one, highly rated as a kid, who now at 28 seems to have worked it out and is putting it together. Two seasons ago he was putting up 4.8 points and 4.3 boards and was basically a couple of decent youngster returning from the US away from being out of the league, this year putting up; 16.9 and 9.3 and if he hadn't got injured was an outside shot for league MVP.

Team Finland (aka the "Wolfpack") training camp for the Rising Stars has begun, with 19 named players on the list. Lauri Markkanen has been sighted on the site too (I don't know if he has been practicing with them, or if he has been there prep-talking to them; Lauri's garrison is not far from the training site, so might be either or both, as far as I would have to guess). The youngish players (some of them from NCAA, some from various European leagues) are competing for spots in the actual Wolfpack for World Cup or for the Universidas (University students "olympics") held in China in August. Of the 19 players on the Rising Stars training camp prolly two or three might get an invite to the World Cup team, 12 will get an invite to the Universidas team. The players chosen for the Universidas team will also join the actual Wolfpack training camp, and play practice matches (behind closed doors) vs the actual Wolfpack.

Goran Dragic won't play for Slovenia in World Cup, says he is too tired. That is a massive blow for Slovenia, as the past years he was together with Luka the reason Slovenia did so well in the competitions (Olympics 2021, Eurobasket 2022).

Goran Dragic won't play for Slovenia in World Cup, says he is too tired. That is a massive blow for Slovenia, as the past years he was together with Luka the reason Slovenia did so well in the competitions (Olympics 2021, Eurobasket 2022).

Let the man spend a summer in his nursing home, he must be 85.

First post edited now that Walker Kessler has committed to play for Team USA. I for one am happy for him, and also happy that I figured it out he would be in the challenger team or even the actual Team USA roster :)

Last edited:
Walker will get to guard Wembanyama or Gobert if USA matches up with France. I'm guessing that's why USA needs the extra size. Gobert ran amok last time around.

Walker will get to guard Wembanyama or Gobert if USA matches up with France. I'm guessing that's why USA needs the extra size. Gobert ran amok last time around.
FIBA matches are quite a bit more physical than NBA. Practically all teams have big strong dudes defending under the basket, which was something USA was not prepared for during the 2019 World Cup. On first play-off round the physical team of Serbia essentially wrestled USA to the ground, with Nikola Jokic taking care of the ball (in team Serbia Jokic is designated as a Power Forward, so he is not the Center in the team (in 2019 the gorilla at Center position was Nikola Milutinov, who knows all the tricks in the wrestling books), which leaves Joker free to run the show with the ball).

Should be an excellent opportunity for Kessler to show his strength and skills, something Team USA definitively needs under the basket, if they intend to be better than 7th team this time in the final standings.

Last edited:
I really wish Lauri wasn't playing in this. The injury risk and the extra wear and tear he'll carry into the season for basically pointless games worries me.

I really wish Lauri wasn't playing in this. The injury risk and the extra wear and tear he'll carry into the season for basically pointless games worries me.
I mean it was terrible for him last year… he will go god mode again and come into camp with crazy confidence… may mess around and become the mvp.