What's new

Would you be satisfied with some one say Xavier Henry

dwill#1

There just Locke's and other people's opinions but the more and more I hear is everyone outside of the top 5 is weak. Whiteside doesn't care and is way to skinny. Aldrich is like Ostertag and has no upside. monroe is too soft and doesn't play much D. Orton is too big of a take in the lottey considering he averaged 3 and 3. Udoh might be the only one people haven't critiqued but may be gone before the Jazz select. So my point is would you try and trade down and get more picks or select a wing like Henry or paul George? Do you trade up and get Favors, Cousins or Wes Johnson??

Would you be satisfied with not getting a big?

There just Locke's and other people's opinions but the more and more I hear is everyone outside of the top 5 is weak. Whiteside doesn't care and is way to skinny. Aldrich is like Ostertag and has no upside. monroe is too soft and doesn't play much D. Orton is too big of a take in the lottey considering he averaged 3 and 3. Udoh might be the only one people haven't critiqued but may be gone before the Jazz select. So my point is would you try and trade down and get more picks or select a wing like Henry or paul George? Do you trade up and get Favors, Cousins or Wes Johnson??

Big or bust, its clearly our weakness. We can get by with Matthews,Miles, and AK at the wings if we have a strong front line.

With Okur's injury + uncertainty with Fes, it truly is big or bust

a good young center that can defend and score when needed, that's what would get jazz fans excited

Only way im ok with not getting a big is if we draft Turner or Johnson(Johnson is relatively big though)

If we don't get a decent big then we might as well pack the season in. Aldrich is not a decent big no matter how you slobbering Aldrich fans try to spin it. Ostertag 2.0 here we come.

If the Jazz could get Wesley Johnson, I'd be okay with not getting a big. I think the Jazz can use Fess and pick up a FA to play inside. Whatever big they get this year is going to take a year or two to develop.

BTW, Hassan Whiteside is really a PF at this stage, in the mold of an Andre Blatche or (dream scenario) a Kevin Garnett. Whiteside isn't too skinny. It's just a question of how hard he wants to work.

Last edited:
You try all you can to trade up into the top 5. That doesn't mean you take a deal that you get absolutely hosed in. But you need to take a big. A good big.

I'm certainly more comfortable with two chances in the first round to score a player than one at #9. I'm guessing the Jazz FO is all over the draft board with their opinions just like this message board. #12 and #25 from Memphis would be amazing.

I'm certainly more comfortable with two chances in the first round to score a player than one at #9. I'm guessing the Jazz FO is all over the draft board with their opinions just like this message board. #12 and #25 from Memphis would be amazing.

Kirk Snyder and Kris Humphries.

Memphis might be thinking the same thing also. They could get just as good a player at #12 as #9 and still keep #25.

I would never trade down in the NBA darft unless you are getting a proven vet in return. Just look at how we ravaged Portland in the Deron Williams/Chris Paul darft.

How is Henry much different than CJ? We don't have a year of CJ's college stats to compare, but look at the similarities at the same age: Same body, same athleticism, both lefty shooters with raw offensive games heavily reliant on their jumpshots.

At KU, Henry took 354 shots, 164 of which were 3's. That's roughly 50/50. He got to the line 3 times a game which really isn't bad for college and the minutes he played, but doesn't suggest a very dynamic game at this point. His rebounding was impressive, however. And his other numbers were solid.

My point is not that he isn't a good player. I think he is. And I wouldn't mind adding another CJ to the team. But I'd bet the guy is 2 years away from being anything other than a gunner.

Why would we trade down for a "gunner" off the bench..everyone would be calling for KOC's head