What's new

Would you do this trade?

I think the trade is pretty good. I actually think that Washington might do this trade. Simply because they have been drafting lottery players and they're still losing. Remember they are 0-12 so they are most likely going to want to drop salary. Isn't next year when the new luxury tax comes into play? I do not think the Jazz should have to give more because AJ is by far the best player and the fact the Jazz are taking a financial hit.

I might consider giving them Burks if they would lower the protection on the pick. If they want more than I would offer them our pick next year or the GS pick which ever is lower. Not a bad trade idea and I would not be surprised if Washington is a team the Jazz are targeting to move up in the draft. I hope Lindsey looks at our team and realizes that assets can be acquired with our vets in order to build a championship team. A trade possibility increases if the Jazz stay around .500 or they look like they are going to miss the playoffs and if Washington keeps losing enough that they are willing to make a trade to save money.

Seems more fair to form a swaption on the GSW for theirs (top 4 protected). In other words, Jazz have an option of moving up from 8th pick at best to 5-7th. Then they take Raja Bell and give us $3mm to compensate for paying Okafor $14mm next season. Saves the Jazz about $8mm this season & costs them $14,5mm next while limiting FA action.

I don't like it but it seems closer to fair for both teams to me. Trade Okafor to a third for an expiring and it's a very tempting return for Jefferson. How about this that generates the Jazz a couple nice TPE's: https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brnkrgy

Last edited:
Seems more fair to form a swaption on the GSW for theirs (top 4 protected). In other words, Jazz have an option of moving up from 8th pick at best to 5-7th. Then they take Raja Bell and give us $3mm to compensate for paying Okafor $14mm next season. Saves the Jazz about $8mm this season & costs them $14,5mm next while limiting FA action.

I don't like it but it seems closer to fair for both teams to me. Trade Okafor to a third for an expiring and it's a very tempting return for Jefferson. How about this that generates the Jazz a couple nice TPE's: https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

More fair for who?

More fair for who?

Both teams. Losing a very possible 1-3 for Jefferson & a year's worth of salary doesn't do it for me. Not saying the value offered isn't equal but it just doesn't sit right with fans losing a top pick for a guy in Jefferson's class on a team with no real hope even after he joins.

The original is also tough for the Jazz to swallow given FA this summer. What did you think about my counter trade that saves the jazz $12.4mm this year in addition to the $3mm cash payment and doesn't affect cap room this summer while adding potential to move up 3 spots from 8 to five? Is that a fair haul for Jefferson?

link didn't work so here's the trade again: https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brnkrgy

Cleveland can be enticed with a future 1st top 16 protected if necessary.

So the Wiz get Al and Raja...

We get Okafur, get to swap the Wiz 1st (Top 4 protected) in 2013 for the GS pick in 2013, and 3M cash...

Interesting...considering their record, we likely wouldn't get that pick in 2013 and would in 2014. What kind of restrictions would be fair for it in 2014? I'd say Top 3...maybe 2. And if that happened, they'd likely be getting our pick and not the GS pick because it looks like we'll be getting that this coming draft.

Pffft. They never learn.

Put down the pipe bro. Jazz arent trading Al. They are going to re-sign him. Ill bet ya.

So the Wiz get Al and Raja...

We get Okafur, get to swap the Wiz 1st (Top 4 protected) in 2013 for the GS pick in 2013, and 3M cash...

Interesting...considering their record, we likely wouldn't get that pick in 2013 and would in 2014. What kind of restrictions would be fair for it in 2014? I'd say Top 3...maybe 2. And if that happened, they'd likely be getting our pick and not the GS pick because it looks like we'll be getting that this coming draft.

The contract would be voided in the event that they retain their pick and Jazz get GSW's. That's where I get hung up on the deal.

The pick I really want in Lindsey's pocket is that Toronto pick owned by OKC. 4-14 lotto and OKC gets the pick. They won't trade Perkins because they need a strong defender for LA & don't have any other salary to make a trade possible.

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cnr37h4

I think possibility of this trade to happen is very likely. Eric Bledsoe had been the target for most of the trade ideas on this board. I think LAC get enough of Odom, they have a good team and want to make a deep playoff run this year (win now team) and Odom is not helping this at all and they could discard Bledsoe to get rid of Odom. So get it done KOC.

Washingtons gm would ***** in your face if you proposed that trade.

They key is it's next year's 1st so they don't feel the brunt this season, especially knowing they should get a very high pick. They also get a 20/10 guy which they desperately need, his Bird Rights and lose Okafur's contract a year early.

I think it is the best trade idea I've seen on this forum. It's possible but I would look to ship Millsap before Jeff.

me .. me ... me .. my turn!!

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cfrsfl7

If Lakers really want to improve they will do this.
Bulls just want to let go of Boozer and Deng.
Raptors just want to get some wins - chances are higher with Gasol and Rip compared to Bargnani and Calderon.
Jazz .. just want to say bye bye to Al, getting Okur 2.0 and Jazz killers (you know how the Jazz want to get players who earns career highs against them. True story.)

or

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cc278mu

almost similar trade. same reasons.
plus Jazz gets a PG prospect. but on the downside long contracts for Bargnani and Deng :( ... also this will help Lakers' chances in making some noise during playoffs (i truly believe if they don't trade somebody, they will be meh!)