What's new

Would you have preferred Sexton or another 1st round draft pick?

Would you have preferred Sexton or another 1st round draft pick?

• Sexton

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • 1st round draft pick

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Donovan back (seller's remorse)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
The guy has struggle the last 3 games but before that he had a long stretch where he was playing great and he will get back to that.

This is getting ridiculous. We couldn’t have even gotten an extra pick because they couldn’t trade anything more than what they did. Besides that I will take Sexton all day. Why are people so down on him?

He’s averaging 13.3/3/2 on 46.5% from the field in 22 mins off the bench. What more are people really asking or expecting from him?

But he's not better than a player you'd trade a first round pick for
Jazz likely aren't getting a FRP for him at this point unless it's a highly protected one that usually turns into 2nds. He hasn't shown he's 100% coming off that injury.

Actually I think Jazz only paid a SRP for Clarkson back in the day but will need to look that one up.

Sexton. He has potential beyond what he is doing with the speed, dribbling and scoring skills. Not John Wall upside, but still pretty solid. Might get forever stuck to the "6th man" role, but I think he has the upside to be a real quality bench scorer and situational mismatch.

Also, we have enough picks. We likely cannot even use all we got and develop everyone properly.

I like Sexton... I would have preferred a pick if I knew we were trying to be a play in team this year. He is in a new role with a new team and an actual offensive system. Maybe he never figures out how to be awesome every night but that is what is hard about being a bench player... you get a limited amount of time and the games don't always smooth out. Think about how many times JC **** the bed in the first half and then got hot in the second half. Collin doesn't get quite enough minutes/opportunities to fix it every game and is clearly trying to think out there a bit too much if you want him to be super effective every night.

He's not for everyone... I get that... take the good nights and bad nights for what they are and give him some time to work **** out.

The better question is who would rather have the 1st from Phoenix rather than Vando right now? It was an extremely easy answer for me then and now.

THIS TEAM IS MADE UP OF BRILLIANT MISFITS. They are fun to watch, we are starting to see weakness warts but I am still very entertained by how this year plays out. which players will blossom who will fade or by trade. I think Simone will shine now when given a chance to relax and show it.

Sexton worth more if the pick is 10-30 even as is, but I am taking the pick, if it's top 9.
He does not look to be the same level he was pre-injury at all, and its probably because they are bringing him in slow, but it could be he is just not the same player.
However, I am not sold they are going to use his known scoring ability to their advantage until they are sure they don't want to develop him as a playmaker.
They could use him off Mike all season and he would average 25 if they wanted him to. But there is this kid named Jordan that is stopping that.

I voted Sexton because the idea of a FRP is too subjective. If he was going to a contender and the pick was looking in the 25 to 30 range; NO WAY. Now if the pick was looking in the 15 to 25 it gets a little more interesting. I really am liking the potential of a double draft in 25. That might have some value. If it was looking to be a sure fire lotto pick then I would say yes but no one is going to do that deal.

So the conclusion is that it is best to keep Sexton and hope he gets better. I like his work ethic and his age so improvement is a good possiblity.

I don't think his knee is 100%

It's almost impossible to quantify someone's health but his dunks are down this season and his 3 point shot is nowhere as good which lends me to believe his knee isn't all the way there yet. He was a 40% catch and shoot player his first 3+ years in Cleveland. Lonzo Ball had a similar injury last season and he's nowhere close to getting back on the court.

Of course he's getting like half the minutes off the bench too. Last game he played 17 mins. In Cleveland they just asked him to score but now he's being asked to change his play style but his real game is too damn close to JC's game. Personally I trade JC for draft capital, give the starting role to Beasley, and just let Sexton have those minutes off the bench as the microwave scorer in the Hyland/Poole/Clarkson 6th man role. Just give him a consistent role and build his confidence back up. They can always flip Sexton for picks next season if they want but doing it now would be selling low. This is technically his 5th year in the league so everyone forgets he's only 23, just a year older than Agbaji, and also coming off a fairly significant knee surgery.