What's new

Would you make Mack available to Cavs?

idiot

According to reports out of Cleveland, the Cavs are in negotiations with an unnamed team to acquire another PG. It seems they're not sold on the free agency choices and are not ready to go into the season with only 2nd-round rookie Kay Felder backing up the oft-injured Kyrie Irving.

Just from the situation it sounds like Mack (or even Neto) should be on their shortlist.

If Cavs are interested in Mack, would you feel good about letting him go at this point?

What/who would you want back? To me it looks like most straightforward options are Jordan McCrae, rights to Euro Cedi Osman, or the Cavs first rounder this year. Would you go for any of these?

Cavs, if accounts can be trusted, would prefer McCrae to be the price for a PG. They've featured him all pre-season (has led the team in scoring) and fans are talking him up as a young guy with potential to develop into a big-time scorer. I'm not sold. From what I've seen he's a thin, 6-5, only moderately athletic low-efficiency, high-usage 25-year old SG who's not a total trainwreck elsewhere but neither is all that good at shooting 3s, defense or anything else other than creating shots for himself. I'd rather keep Chris Johnson.

First rounder would be best, perhaps. What would that give us -- something like 23, 27, and 30 in this year's draft? Could take three swings for long-term potential there. I don't know if Cavs do that though -- it looks like they're kind of low on future picks as it is.

Osman -- first pick of 2015 2nd round who hasn't particularly distinguished himself in Turkey, though still seems to offer potential. 6-8 SF , 21 years old, good length, decent athleticism, said to have some defensive potential, strong motor, decent BBIQ, a bit thin, not much to speak of offensively yet other than cutting and court-running, a very streaky (usually not great) shot and not many creation skills. Cavs fans would probably resist (he's their Euro hope), but he seems the most realistic.

I would wait until the Jazz PG situation gets clearer before unloading either Neto or Mack - let's say, at least one month into the regular season. Besides, I'd rather have draft picks than crappy players... er... I mean... long-term projects in return.

Not that I'd count on it happening but a first rounder is a no-brainer. If James somehow went down for the year, Cleveland is a 20-25 win team.

Rather wait until Irving is injured and then extort them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Depends how eager Cleveland is to fill the hole. If they are being agressive and if there is something on the table that is appetizing I would take it. If not, they will find another suitor. I know little about the Euro they have stashed but if he is a solid prospect I can see taking him or the 1st rounder. I will be surprised if we make it through the season with 4 PG's on the active roster.

their 2017 first rounder is not tradeble because their 2018 pick has been traded. The first first rounder that they can trade is the 2020 first rounder.

With that said, I don't even know if McRae will make our roster. I prefer Mack to him. Cedi Osman on the other hand is a very interesting option. I would probably do the trade for his rights.

I would prefer the 2020 first rounder to the 2017. We won't have any spots on the roster next year and by 2020, Bron Bron will be 35 and may or may not be with the cavs anymore.

Plus, we would have a spot for CJ and Withey.

Mack dribbles too much. Too many better facilitators on the team not to trade him if someone makes a reasonable offer.

CJ being cut now likely means this trade was never considered (or that any such talks have died).