What's new

Would you trade Al Jefferson to Toronto for Calderone and the right to swap 2013 1st-rd picks?

Pass on that trade, not without other assets. Might consider Calderon plus Amir Johnson for Jefferson, but even that would be a stretch. Never trade big for small.

One I would almost definitely do is Lowry + Amir Johnson for Millsap + Tinsley/Watson. Toronto gets cap flexibility and a good opportunity to sign Millsap long-term. Utah gets a solid back-up PF so Favors can start and a starting-caliber PG who can fill-in for Mo Williams or takeover long term, on a reasonable contract.

Probably yeah, but we would have to either make another trade for a big man, or cut someone and sign a FA big man.

Thus totally negating the reason you traded him to begin with?

I mean a 4th big. Someone who can play in case of injury. If Favors, Kanter, or Sap go down for a period of time, we would be forced to play Evans at PF. I guess we could just move Marvin to backup PF in spots, if necessary though.

Only having 3 legit bigs on a roster seems stupid while having 4 PG's.

I mean a 4th big. Someone who can play in case of injury. If Favors, Kanter, or Sap go down for a period of time, we would be forced to play Evans at PF. I guess we could just move Marvin to backup PF in spots, if necessary though.

Only having 3 legit bigs on a roster seems stupid while having 4 PG's.

For starters, Evans isn't a SF. He's a 4th big. For enders, the Jazz would have Calderon, two scrubs where they generally take turns looking like they can no longer play in the NBA, and a player that can't play for maybe the rest of the year at the PG position.

By my math, that's ~2.