What's new

Would you trade? .......

Anthony Bennett, the No. 1 selection in the 2013 NBA draft, hoped for a breakout season with the Minnesota Timberwolves after a disappointing rookie year with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but that has not happened with the move. For that reason, Flip Saunders is giving more minutes to Robbie Hummel in recent games than to Bennett.

“He hasn’t played very well, and Robbie played very well,” Saunders tells the Star Tribune. “When you’re on the floor, you have opportunities. I just thought Robbie deserved the opportunity because he has been playing very well. A.B. has tried to fight through some things, been hurt a little bit. He’ll get other opportunities. They will come. I don’t feel he played with enough energy here lately, and I thought Robbie had."

Bennett had issues with his conditioning with Cleveland, which lead to a poor rookie season. While he might be in better shape, Bennett still has not learned how to produce for the lowly Wolves. While he is an undersized power forward, that is his position in the NBA and he needs to learn to play that spot instead of at small forward.

Bennett has made 28 appearances this season and he's averaging 15.9 minutes, 5.8 points and 3.8 rebounds.

https://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/32226/anthony-bennetts-disappointing-season?refresh=true

I don't know what the deal is with Anthony Bennett and Minnesota. I'm not sure what the problem is. Bennett is athletic and can shoot the ball.

It doesn't make sense to me. Why pick on Bennett? The Wolves are young and terrible. He surely isn't the reason they suck. He rarely plays. Why wouldn't a team try and take some time to see if you can develop the guy?

I think Minnesota is being stupid, and Bennett is better than they think.

Yes, I'd trade Booker for Bennett.

I wouldn't trade Burke for Bennet. The dude ****ing sucks.

Why do you think he sucks? Do you watch him play much?

I don't think he sucks. There might be issues with his energy level, and or attitude. I'm not sure. But I see a guy who has a pretty good base skill set.

I can't abide high draft picks that come into camp out of shape. You have been blessed with a chance to be something great and you piss that away on your nightly nacho platter? You will retire at 35 and can eat ALL the Nacho platters that Charles Barkley doesn't get to first. Booker ain't eating no nacho platters.