What's new

You are Kevin O'Connor. How do you get a center?

You draft Cole Aldrich. Then you draft Parakhowski, Samhan, or Zoubek. One of those 4 is going to be a legit center, and one of them is the final piece to becoming a contender on another team.

I know people are scared of white just because it's white, but Aldrich is going to be a good player.

And the Jazz didn't necessarily have to draft only Cs, but at least one would be nice since Fes is retarded and a free agent, Kouf has one foot out of the NBA door, and Okur might be done.

Edit:
Oh as presently constituted? See if the full MLE will get Haywood or sign one of those three undrafted guys. Maybe half the MLE for O'Neal (which wouldn't get it done and even though he sucks). Sign a Collins and cry, maybe?

How do you get a center if you're O'Connor? You resign so the Jazz can hire the Blazer's former GM Pritchard.

Buy a DeLorean, install a flux capacitor, install a Mr. Fusion, add plutonium, set the date to June 26, 2008, gun that sled to 88 miles per hour and draft Serge Ibaka.
OR
set the date to June 24, 2004, and draft Anderson Varejão.
OR
set the date to June 26, 2003, and draft Kendrick Perkins.
OR
set the date to June 26, 2002, and draft Nenad Krstić.
OR
set the date to June 27, 2001, and draft Samuel Dalembert.

No one drafted Omar Samhan. He's a big 6'11" and 265. I say invite him to Summer League. He couldn't be any worse than Honzward. He basically willed his team into the sweet 16. He's supposedly a hard working guy too. He might be able to block some shots. He scored 61 points in the first two games St. Mary's played in the NCAAs.

I have to believe KOC will be addressing this problem by trade this summer. Doesn't make sense to do it now because the Boozer S&T options haven't materialized. He's also got Koufos, Tomic, and trade exceptions to work with. I'm not including AK in this because we're obviously going to need him early and his trade value will be astronomically higher at the deadline. But you never know since AK would almost have to bring back several guys and he might find a package he likes.

I have to believe KOC will be addressing this problem by trade this summer. Doesn't make sense to do it now because the Boozer S&T options haven't materialized. He's also got Koufos, Tomic, and trade exceptions to work with. I'm not including AK in this because we're obviously going to need him early and his trade value will be astronomically higher at the deadline. But you never know since AK would almost have to bring back several guys and he might find a package he likes.

Man I hope your right but at this point, all my faith in KOC is gone... Good thing it's the weekend, I'm going to go make a few Honor Code violations.

First, you let The big retarded Ukrainian walk. He sucks. So does Doufos, but we are stuck with him for another year.

KOC will answer that question today by saying, "we've got a good young group of centers here right now that we've invested a lot of money and time in. We believe they can compete against anyone in the NBA when healthy. We just need to see what we can do when healthy."

zGortat

I like the Gortat/ Bass angle in a s and t for Boozer.

Beidrins or Turiaf from GS

I like the idea of going after Shaq for a couple of years

S and T for Tyson Chandler and pray he stays healthy (also Diop is an option only 1 year left)

Wait for Dampeir to be cut and sign him

Do some kind of trade for Pryzbilla

See what it would take to pry Thabeet away from memphis

It has to be a veteran, not somebody that has only been in the league a few years. Unless we want to see more assets traded to stay under the tax, I think that this center can't make more than about 6 million/year.

It has to be a veteran, not somebody that has only been in the league a few years. Unless we want to see more assets traded to stay under the tax, I think that this center can't make more than about 6 million/year.

Joel P from the Blazers? Portland doesn't need him, they've got Oden/Camby