What's new

You know, how the Rockets commentators pronounce Aşık

addictionary

sounds like someone sneezing to the ears that I feel like saying "Bless your red neck soul"

So anyway, Ömer Aşık is starting in 5 with Dwight tonight in the game against Mavericks.

Which one is gonna guard Dirk?

McHale is buying a round of tequila shots to the one who knows.

sounds like someone sneezing to the ears that I feel like saying "Bless your red neck soul"

So anyway, Ömer Aşık is starting in 5 with Dwight tonight in the game against Mavericks.

Which one is gonna guard Dirk?

McHale is buying a round of tequila shots to the one who knows.

Please show us how to properly pronounce Turkish NBA players ;)

Please show us how to properly pronounce Turkish NBA players ;)

As they've been written. It's a phonetic language. All letters nearly always sound the same. Ö sounds like the e in early. Ş sound like sh in any word. I sounds like eeeer.

Yours sincerely, addictionary.

I haven't heard a single commentator pronounce it differently. But I had the Mavs Rockets game on mute so I wouldn't know ;)

Nah I just thought by now commentators would have figured it out.
I always said it like Omer Asheek. Just missed the "Ö" since it wasn't included in the American translation.

So the game went some way that could be considered both meh and nah. I don't see a reason keeping Aşık in the favor of Houston. This team sends this guy the first good offer they get.

So the game went some way that could be considered both meh and nah. I don't see a reason keeping Aşık in the favor of Houston. This team sends this guy the first good offer they get.

He would be a good Pelican.

Someone put Aşık's face on a pelicans body please.