What's new

You're the Utah Jazz GM. What's Rudys max offer?

Shad

I don't see it being above 20 mill to me.... and that's pushing it.

He still can't catch a bounce pass.
He still can't score from 2 feet.

Love the dude but he's not great

Like watching a fab 5 consist of Niang, Conley, Ingles, Clarkson and Bradley giving up 180 pts every night.

Then wait for Rudy to do a Jimmy Butler style of "You ****ing need me" rant while dancing 360.

I don't see it being above 20 mill to me.... and that's pushing it.

He still can't catch a bounce pass.
He still can't score from 2 feet.

Love the dude but he's not great
He is already making about 25 million iirc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think a similar contract to Draymond Green. He signed a five year deal worth an average of 23.5mil a year.

Would he accept the same contract he is on? I would be ok with that. And I get it, Rudy had a crap year for his standards. But our defense would be in a world of hurt without him.

I offer him a sign and trade to Boston for Jaylen Brown or something similar with another team.

Learn to catch a pass and score outside of dunks this offseason and then maybe we can talk staying here long term.

Well he is making 25 million now and is going to make more when his next contract is signed. If the Jazz don't pay him some other team will. I would trade him if the right offer came along. He isn't a championship caliber player if he is your second best option, but at the same time, the trade better be good to move on from him or they better have some good free agents lined up. He isn't a star, but he also won't be easy to replace. It isn't like Conley where if you can get rid of him, you move him tomorrow.

I offer him a sign and trade to Boston for Jaylen Brown or something similar with another team.

Learn to catch a pass and score outside of dunks this offseason and then maybe we can talk staying here long term.
We've been saying that for 4 years now.

You can’t pay him the same or less with a larger salary cap, two All-NBA awards, two DPOY awards, and an all-star team.

~$30 million a year, preferably on a declining offer cuz he will be declining.

I'd be fine with an average in the 30 million range. Preferably consistent, or if we can pull it off declining.

Pretty close to what Mitchell just got. I still think the Rudy/Dm combo can win a title with a few more moves. Conley screwed up the timeline and finances but it was still worth trying. To contend though, Rudy absolutely can’t get massively overpaid.

the interesting factor is Rudy’s market value. I think there are only a handful of teams that could offer a good return and still want him. Chicago for example.

If Don wants him around, I offer him a 4 year $100 million declining contract. Something like $28, $26, $24, $22.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
I'd do this but bump it slightly to 110, which is 27.5 average, declining.