What's new

You're the Utah Jazz GM. What's Rudys max offer?

I'd be fine with an average in the 30 million range. Preferably consistent, or if we can pull it off declining.
I think flat would make a lot of sense. Functionally speaking, it takes a declining percentage of the cap through successive years.

Let him walk, sell the team.

Seriously **** this kind of conversation.

I get this is what sports fans are more than fans of their teams now, but forreal, **** this thread.

Sign and trade for Embiid, who may want out of Philly...

But seriously, I don't think he can be the second best player on a championship team unless his offence improves considerably. His salary should reflect that, but I don't know if he'll accept that.

He shouldn't be over 20 million a year. Too many offensive limitations to warrant paying a ton too. You want max money? Learn to do something more than screen and dunk on offense. Maybe get a shot that's consistent outside of 2 feet and learn to catch the ball with regularity.

If he balks, trade him to the highest bidder.

#traderudy

What would be the most he could get in Free Agency from another team?

In summer 2021, there will be a number of teams with cap space. https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

However, who is giving Rudy Gobert more than $30 million when he's 29 years old?

Horford got a declining $28 million contract at 33, but that is now considered one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Kevin Love, at 31, is also considered one of the worst contracts in the NBA. I would argue that both of those guys were better players at 29 years old. Well, at least better for playoff basketball purposes.

I wouldn't give Rudy a dime over $30 million. Ideally, his contract would be flat or even declining.

I’m really hoping the jazz use Draymond situation as leverage. Iirc, Draymond is also 2x all nba as well as defensive accolades similar to Gobert. Draymond is a big part of gsw offense, just as Gobert racks up screen assists for us. They’re around the same age. Both kinda suck as their own offense but help others. I really hope his contract is similar so we’ve still got money for other guys.

He would get a max deal. Who has cap space ?
Probably a lot of teams since deals are shorter now and teams are getting in line to hunt Giannis (or Lebron, or Kawhi, or Paul George) who is a free agent the same year.

Let him walk, sell the team.

Seriously **** this kind of conversation.

I get this is what sports fans are more than fans of their teams now, but forreal, **** this thread.

Look at the Jazz playoff appearances over the past 4 years. He's been exposed and deemed worthless in every series sans the Thunder and Clippers series. Jokic averaged BETTER stats than his regular season stats against Rudy... that shouldn't happen