What's new

Yurt7 and Luka

homeytennis

Both of their contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season. Yurt's annual wage is 2.7 million and Luka's 2.1 million. I was reading a piece that the salary guarantee could make them easier to trade under the new CBA for salary matching purposes. The season is saved.

Both of their contracts are guaranteed for the rest of the season. Yurt's annual wage is 2.7 million and Luka's 2.1 million. I was reading a piece that the salary guarantee could make them easier to trade under the new CBA for salary matching purposes. The season is saved.
Had thought maybe Luka gets waived but yeah he is the obvious guy they could attach to another deal if they needed more money in a deal. Also still the guy that could get cut if we needed a roster spot, but now he gets all his money so good for him.

Yurt has shown enough that his deal is good for both years imo. Good for a 3rd string center... could be a solid backup if someone wants to shoot us a second rounder.

Had thought maybe Luka gets waived but yeah he is the obvious guy they could attach to another deal if they needed more money in a deal. Also still the guy that could get cut if we needed a roster spot, but now he gets all his money so good for him.

Yurt has shown enough that his deal is good for both years imo. Good for a 3rd string center... could be a solid backup if someone wants to shoot us a second rounder.
Luka seems like a guy with all the physical tools but will never put it all together into a coherent package. Still, he is worth the minimum to keep around for a end of bench type player.

Luka seems like a guy with all the physical tools but will never put it all together into a coherent package. Still, he is worth the minimum to keep around for a end of bench type player.
He's like a cockroach. Ainge tried to off him last summer with the Paul Reed offer sheet but he keeps surviving.

Think unless he shoots it really well he's just a real basic frontcourt player that does cool dunks sometimes. Likely practices hard and I'm guessing Will likes him since he coached him in SA and now here.

Think unless he shoots it really well he's just a real basic frontcourt player that does cool dunks sometimes. Likely practices hard and I'm guessing Will likes him since he coached him in SA and now here.
This is a good assessment. I was thinking something similar. If I were in his shoes, I'd do everything I can to improve my shooting. If he could shoot at a consistent clip he would have a continued place in the league with his size and decent handle.

This is a good assessment. I was thinking something similar. If I were in his shoes, I'd do everything I can to improve my shooting. If he could shoot at a consistent clip he would have a continued place in the league with his size and decent handle.
One thing that has always bothered me on his shot... He looks at the ball as it leaves his hand or right after. Should stay locked in on the rim. You can see it on free throws.

Dont think thats the issue but that stuff kinda drives me crazy.

One thing that has always bothered me on his shot... He looks at the ball as it leaves his hand or right after. Should stay locked in on the rim. You can see it on free throws.

Dont think thats the issue but that stuff kinda drives me crazy.
Interesting point. When I played in college I received so much benefit from our shooting coach that I actually worked part-time at as a shooting coach at two universities after my playing days (and still will on a consulting basis from time to time). I went a completely different direction with my career and left that all behind a long time ago but enjoyed it a lot.

As part of my training, I was sent to get tips from a couple of pro trainers on how to better teach shooting. It was really interesting. One of the sessions was on adapting to your student. It was noted that some NBA players shoot that way (Dirk was the example giving during a training session). The point was how to tailor your advice to the shooter and have flexible methodology to help each player. So while I agree with you, and I've tried the "Dirk method" and cannot do it well, some players thrive with it, and there are ways to get better with that shot.

Interesting point. When I played in college I received so much benefit from our shooting coach that I actually worked part-time at as a shooting coach at two universities after my playing days (and still will on a consulting basis from time to time). I went a completely different direction with my career and left that all behind a long time ago but enjoyed it a lot.

As part of my training, I was sent to get tips from a couple of pro trainers on how to better teach shooting. It was really interesting. One of the sessions was on adapting to your student. It was noted that some NBA players shoot that way (Dirk was the example giving during a training session). The point was how to tailor your advice to the shooter and have flexible methodology to help each player. So while I agree with you, and I've tried the "Dirk method" and cannot do it well, some players thrive with it, and there are ways to get better with that shot.
That's awesome. I've only helped kids I used to coach and my niece and nephews. It is amazing what a few of the basic adjustments can do for players at that level. I stick to the staples and you don't have to fix everything... but if you want to hit a target it is easier if you are looking at the target.

That's awesome. I've only helped kids I used to coach and my niece and nephews. It is amazing what a few of the basic adjustments can do for players at that level. I stick to the staples and you don't have to fix everything... but if you want to hit a target it is easier if you are looking at the target.
Yeah, I'm right there with you, but some make it work. For me my biggest leap was learning techniques that seem counter intuitive but they work really well, which is what got me interested in the science of shooting in the first place.

Yeah, I'm right there with you, but some make it work. For me my biggest leap was learning techniques that seem counter intuitive but they work really well, which is what got me interested in the science of shooting in the first place.
For sure. I remember getting lit up by this kid that was like 6-3 in an intramural game. He had just weird ugly *** form. He got 40 on me and I let him shoot the first 2-3 cuz I had to see it go in multiple times to believe it. He was incredible and if you watched him shoot without the result you'd think he was one of the worst players in the gym. He was athletic and a good ball handler but man... that shot was putrid.