What's new

Yurtseven signed

I like the signing. Yurt seemed like a really intriguing piece when he went to Miami early on.

Not sure he brings more than Christian Wood, but probably with a lot more of the drama that seems to circle him (even though I don't know any details). I like the price and the chance to revitalize his value.

All I remember about this dude is watching him play in the vegas summer league two years ago. He didn't stand out, just liked hanging out at 3pt line 80% of the time.

I remember him scoring like ... 100 points in a game in Turkish youth competitions. He kind of disappointed in college and then I haven't followed his career much. Seems like he's made himself into a good rotational big. Seems like a nice signing for the money.

I don't think there is a GM (or fan) in the world who doesn't prefer team options rather than player options, the dilemma is that two sides are negotiating. All that says is the position the player is in.
You are better off terminating the contract a year early than providing a player option. There is never a situation when a player option will not screw you. Either they can get more money and bail, or they cannot and you are stuck paying above market rate.