What's new

Zach Lowe tells Utah (and a couple other teams) what to do in free agency

Sign Pleiss, bring Neto if you are gonna cut ties with Cotton or BJB, and call it a season in terms of Free Agency.

Feel free to entertain trades tho

So.... adding and subtracting players, as long as it is done with sophisticated thinking, still constitutes cake baking. ok.

you guys remember how ****ed the Bulls were when they played Ron Harper at the "1" and put the playmaking responsibilities on point-forward Scottie Pippen? What a disaster.

I really think we have a shot at Green. Hopefully DL had a good relationship w/ him in San Antonio that works to our advantage. I think that we have a special team that just needs one shooter to lift it into the better half of the playoffs.

We are a phenom defensively and we should continue to embrace it.

We just need a little more room on the court and I think our offense blossoms, too.

you guys remember how ****ed the Bulls were when they played Ron Harper at the "1" and put the playmaking responsibilities on point-forward Scottie Pippen? What a disaster.

An extreme example, certainly. But we actually have a point guard.

I think.

I just looked in the crystal ball and nothing significant is going to happen. I think that would be a mistake.

Marc SteinVerified account
‏@ESPNSteinLine
ESPN sources say Milwaukee and Khris Middleton are closing in on five-year, $70 million deal

14 mil would be a good deal for the Bucks

Bahahahahahha.

Thus marks the first, and hopefully the last time that anyone compares Alec Burks to Ron Harper.

I really think we have a shot at Green. Hopefully DL had a good relationship w/ him in San Antonio that works to our advantage. I think that we have a special team that just needs one shooter to lift it into the better half of the playoffs.

We are a phenom defensively and we should continue to embrace it.

We just need a little more room on the court and I think our offense blossoms, too.

Hmm, interesting. Green decides to stick with his own team, seeing as his one-dimensional offensive game is utilized better by their system than any other teams in the league. Not to mention the fact that he was a well-carved role, doesn't have to fight 8 wings for minutes, and has a great coaching staff.

Shocked he didn't come to the Jazz.

How the **** is adding people ****ing everything up but trading players baking said cake?

Trading players by February allows for more cake-baking, especially important to Alec Burks who essentially has not played any large stretch of minutes for Quin.

Also, the 70% comes from every proposition that has the wing minute allotment with Alec playing 20 minutes at the 1, and 8-10 minutes at the 2. 70%.

I'm sick and tired of watching all the other teams go after the big names while the Jazz sits back and does nothing. Why can't we trade for Luke Ridnour like every other team has?

On second thought, I kind of like our developmental strategy and think that it will pay off big time in a few years.

Bahahahahahha.

Thus marks the first, and hopefully the last time that anyone compares Alec Burks to Ron Harper.

I honestly think you are missing the overall intent of that post. It's not about a Burks-Harper comparrison. It is about a non PG at the 1 and the playmaking abilities being shifted to a "point forward" player. Just like Gordon Hayward.

I am in the middle of you two and tbh I hope that Snyder at least looks at the idea. He will know far better than us if these guys can handle that.

As for your Green comment:

That seems a bit disengenous as the Jazz never, that we know of, even tried to talk to him. That probably played a role in why he isn't a Jazzman more than anything else.

Anyone under the delusion that the Jazz were going to compete for top tier free agents this off season are kidding themselves. The Jazz may have had a good half season, but that ain't **** and they haven't proven ****.

Y'alls cakes are flat as ****.

Adding small pieces, like back up not from the D League and Pleiss-esque type back ups are what we will sign, which is BAKING THE MOTHER ****ING CAKE.

Anyone under the delusion that the Jazz were going to compete for top tier free agents this off season are kidding themselves. The Jazz may have had a good half season, but that ain't **** and they haven't proven ****.

Y'alls cakes are flat as ****.

Adding small pieces, like back up not from the D League and Pleiss-esque type back ups are what we will sign, which is BAKING THE MOTHER ****ING CAKE.

Our big FA additions: Burks and Pleiss. Bring Neto if you want & call it a season. Bring on Summer League. We'll be fine, y'all.

I honestly think you are missing the overall intent of that post. It's not about a Burks-Harper comparrison. It is about a non PG at the 1 and the playmaking abilities being shifted to a "point forward" player. Just like Gordon Hayward.

I am in the middle of you two and tbh I hope that Snyder at least looks at the idea. He will know far better than us if these guys can handle that.

As for your Green comment:

That seems a bit disengenous as the Jazz never, that we know of, even tried to talk to him. That probably played a role in why he isn't a Jazzman more than anything else.

What you aren't understanding is that we NEED the playmaking capabilities from Burks. We were 25TH last year in league offense. We need to maximize the offensive potential of all our players. Putting Burks in a different position, and asking him to spend tons of energy guarding players his frame isn't built for (IMO) neuters this. Hayward already has a ****-ton of playmaking capabilities-- that's precisely the problem in fact. He needs help. Badly. Hood's emergence helps, and Burks could put everything over the top. This is of extreme importance given the state of offense from our current PG play.