What's new

Zebo

Archie Moses

Most underrated player in the league or at least one of them. If the dude didn't have a bad rep from his earlier years, how popular would he be? I love his game. I shows that you don't have to be an amazing athlete to dominate in the NBA.

Beep the Spurs.

Last edited:
Zach Randolph?

I don't follow the players current hoodlum pseudonyms
monocle.gif

He is a bully now. I love it. The funny thing is Pau Gasol was more like that in his latter years with Memphis as well, though he obviously didn't have the weight to throw around that Randolph does.

Remember when they got Zach from Clippers for Quentin Richardson?

Maybe that makes up, at least in part, for the Pau Gasol trade.

Remember when they got Zach from Clippers for Quentin Richardson?

Maybe that makes up, at least in part, for the Pau Gasol trade.

The Pau Gasol trade that saved them 8 digits, got them two decent rotation players (Arthur and Vasquez), and their franchise center/better Gasol brother? They came out pretty ****ing good there.

Since starting a Grizzlies thread would be stupid, it's amazing what a great coach (Lionel Hollins) and one of the greatest on-court geniuses/intangibles guys of the last decade can do to a team. The Grizzlies have lucked out and made some good roster moves the last couple of years, but the thing that makes the Grizzlies good now is good ball-movement and mistake-free basketball. You can't credit Z-Bo for those differences with the team, and I wouldn't give him all the credit for the changes he's personally made either. It seems a hell of a coincidence to me that the team went on a tear after getting Battier as well.

I don't think anyone can forget what Tony Allen and Shane Battier have done for that team.

Shane has given them defense, toughness, and calm confidence.

While Allen is a very tough energetic defender, emotional, and a lil nasty. OJ Mayo is a lot more talented, but Allen brings the intangibles that makes him much more valuable.

Didn't Memphis go on this tear after Allen and Mayo had a fight and Mayo was sent to the bench? And Battier started playing while weak trash Gay got injured?

So awesome. I'm on the Memphis bandwagon for this year. They are just playing so tough. I hope they win it all.

What might be most impressive is how Zebo is destroying some pretty damn good defenders.

He made Antonio look way old. And Duncan couldn't stay with him even when all the chips were on the table. San Antonio quite honestly couldn't even COME CLOSE to guarding him.

Today, he made Kendrick Perkins and Ibaka look like Carlos Boozer.

Has there been a most physical low post presence since Shaq? Or Malone? The dude just pounds people inside. Watching him fight for position on the block is almost more entertaining than watching the actual shot itself. The man just fights, pushes, and buries that hip and butt into people. Much like When Shaq played for the Lakers. Or when Malone still had hair. Or when Barkley played for the Suns.

In an era of high flying rail thin jumpshooting bigmen (like Bosh and KG) and finesse euros (Gasol and Dirk), it's refreshing to see an "old school" post player.

Nobody for years around here thought of him as much, they despise talent for some reason, but Zach Randolph is/has been damn good. Only good player at Portland, got his numbers in NY, played with the Clippers, and finally wound up playing with a hungry Grizzlies team.

Can't believe people for so long around here thought BOOZER was better than this guy.

Nobody for years around here thought of him as much, they despise talent for some reason, but Zach Randolph is/has been damn good. Only good player at Portland, got his numbers in NY, played with the Clippers, and finally wound up playing with a hungry Grizzlies team.

Can't believe people for so long around here thought BOOZER was better than this guy.

Boozer was better than him. Lets not act like Randolph has always been great, or even good. He has been a ballhog who was skilled. Now he is playing smart and he is winning. Yes, I would rather have him than Boozer now, but a year ago, no. 2+ years ago, no way in hell.

Most underrated player in the league or at least one of them. If the dude didn't have a bad rep from his earlier years, how popular would he be? I love his game. I shows that you don't have to be an amazing athlete to dominate in the NBA.

Beep the Spurs.

I agree. So far, with the exception of yesterdays game, he's been a real pleasure to watch...kid is playing his heart out. Granted, he's dumber than ****, but seriously, who gives a ****. Im friends with Dave Balloun and dude is one twinkie short of a two-pack.