What's new

“One day”

Does anybody remember Snelgrove at Fort Union? I have thought about this off and on over the years. I don’t think I had ever eaten there, but I always remembered the ice cream sign and when I was a kid would wonder why it didn’t melt, then was surprised to find out it was concrete. Anyway, I’ve always wondered what it was called and was going to post and ask, then for whatever reason Snelgrove popped into my head. I looked it up but all the pictures appear to be from a Salt Lake location that, at least the ice cream sign, may have still been up in recent history. I think it was maybe the late 90s that the Fort Union one was gone.

View attachment 11208
I don't remember the one at Fort Union (not entirely sure where that is either)? I used to work for Nestle Dreyer's who bought out Snelgrove's, and took over the Salt Lake site. So I know a little bit of that history and how/why that went down. The Snelgrove's sign is considered a historical landmark at the Salt Lake site, and so Dreyer's was not able to take it down once they took over.

Does anybody remember Snelgrove at Fort Union? I have thought about this off and on over the years. I don’t think I had ever eaten there, but I always remembered the ice cream sign and when I was a kid would wonder why it didn’t melt, then was surprised to find out it was concrete. Anyway, I’ve always wondered what it was called and was going to post and ask, then for whatever reason Snelgrove popped into my head. I looked it up but all the pictures appear to be from a Salt Lake location that, at least the ice cream sign, may have still been up in recent history. I think it was maybe the late 90s that the Fort Union one was gone.

View attachment 11208

My parents loved this place growing up. I was sad to see it to see it go.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Thanks for posting this. Interesting information here. I looked up the charter school it mentioned in the article, and it's now closed. Maybe the site is haunted now?
It likely is. Utah seems to attract ghosts.

It likely is. Utah seems to attract ghosts.
Speaking of... I'm pretty dismissive of supernatural. Last night had a strange experience where my wife woke me up to tell me the hallway light was on. No big deal as our kids sometimes get up and turn the light on. I went and turned it off and checked on everyone who was dead asleep. Our bedrooms are upstairs and we have a Vivint camera downstairs in the kitchen. The light had turned on about 2 minutes before I turned it off. It's hard to make out any sound because you get a lot of background white noise when you turn it up, but you can hear some movement and then hear the light being switched on. You don't hear anything else. You can see the light coming from the stairway. A minute or two later right as I turned it off, a circle of light moves across the room. I'll look at trying to make a clip I can upload. I don't have any explanation.

Speaking of... I'm pretty dismissive of supernatural. Last night had a strange experience where my wife woke me up to tell me the hallway light was on. No big deal as our kids sometimes get up and turn the light on. I went and turned it off and checked on everyone who was dead asleep. Our bedrooms are upstairs and we have a Vivint camera downstairs in the kitchen. The light had turned on about 2 minutes before I turned it off. It's hard to make out any sound because you get a lot of background white noise when you turn it up, but you can hear some movement and then hear the light being switched on. You don't hear anything else. You can see the light coming from the stairway. A minute or two later right as I turned it off, a circle of light moves across the room. I'll look at trying to make a clip I can upload. I don't have any explanation.
I've had some similar experiences. I'll post it when I get a chance, I think I've posted some here before.

This is precisely why I don't have cameras. It'd just freak me out.

This is precisely why I don't have cameras. It'd just freak me out.
I’m wishing I had one of the other cameras plugged in upstairs.

Alright, so I’ve got it cut to a 2 minute clip. Where do I upload this thing?

Maybe the most masterful thread yet. I'll add some more to it.

Days Donovan has spent in SLC since the night after the playoffs ended:

Still not one day!

"Someday, someday my dream will come?" One night you'll wake up and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you, and it never will. Suddenly you are old. It didn't happen, and it never will because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory, then zone out in your barcalounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln Town Car, and that girl... you can't even call that girl. What the **** are you still doing driving a cab?” - Vincent

One of oneye’s consistent complaints is Donovan not being present in the community or showing up for college games like he used to.

I guess this is now just more evidence because he’s wearing a Mets hoodie and not a Steve Young jersey and hasn’t gotten a Cosmo tattoo.