What's new

10 games 'till Trade Deadline

mellow

Going into All-star week the jazz play 9 games.

Charlote --is surging since Larry Brown was fired.
houston
@ Denver
OKC
@ Sacremento
Chicago
Phoenix
@Phoenix
Golden State

They come back to play one game against Dallas before the Feb 24th Trade Deadline.

Do they even get 3 wins out of those 10 games? That would probably put them out of the playoffs. Memphis, Houston and Phx could jump past them.

Does the team make a trade to get better? Or just dump salaries and mistakes?

Last edited:
There's a very good chance we'll dump salary. We aren't going anywhere and we know it. I'm voting for 2-8 in this stretch.

So really just 10 more games until the 11th game from now.

Sounds about right. Im guessing there is a very good chance we lose to the Cats.

If Deron sits out again I say it goes from a very good chance to an almost sure loss.

As for the trade deadline I don't see the Jazz doing anything to actually help the team. Dumping a contract to get out of the lux tax would make sense now that we know we aren't going to be competitive this year.

As for the trade deadline I don't see the Jazz doing anything to actually help the team. Dumping a contract to get out of the lux tax would make sense now that we know we aren't going to be competitive this year.

Makes sense. I mean, no reason to pay the LT if the Jazz are going to continue floundering along...I dont blame the front office.

If Deron sits out again I say it goes from a very good chance to an almost sure loss.

Good call.

There's a very good chance we'll dump salary. We aren't going anywhere and we know it. I'm voting for 2-8 in this stretch.

Who in your opinion? Elson makes the most sense imo. He's an easily tradeable asset, especially for a team looking to add depth in the frontcourt, and we wouldn't need anything back necessarily. Only he, Price or Watson, and AK make sense to me, but the latter seems highly, HIGHLY unlikely, unless the Nets want him for the remainder of the year and first dibs at re-signing him so to speak.

If we trade Miles, Hayward, or Millsap we're just flat out dumb. Unless it's worth it of course but a salary dump would not be worth it. I also think it's foolish to trade Fes who's young and shown much improvement this year.

Who in your opinion? Elson makes the most sense imo. He's an easily tradeable asset, especially for a team looking to add depth in the frontcourt, and we wouldn't need anything back necessarily. Only he, Price or Watson, and AK make sense to me, but the latter seems highly, HIGHLY unlikely, unless the Nets want him for the remainder of the year and first dibs at re-signing him so to speak.

If we trade Miles, Hayward, or Millsap we're just flat out dumb. Unless it's worth it of course but a salary dump would not be worth it. I also think it's foolish to trade Fes who's young and shown much improvement this year.

Im thinking Fesenko...teams are always looking for size...always.

Once upon a time NY was supposed to be looking for another point gaurd. Ronnie Price was mentioned by name by a beat writer. Price for a 2nd round pick and re-sign Sunny.

I almost guarantee some salary will be shed. That means Price. If we're incredibly lucky, we'll get some youth/talent/athleticism for AK or Memo.

The best news for the Jazz is that ALL their big contracts are up over the next 3 offseasons. If the AJ/Sap experiment doesn't work out, it should be easy to fix. I'd guess they both have positive trade value (that is, they can be moved without taking longterm garbage in return or surrendering draft picks).

Tune into 1320 Kfan today at 5:00 pm where KOC will reveal all the Jazz goals and plans for the trade deadline and the remainder of the season.......

Tune into 1320 Kfan today at 5:00 pm where KOC will reveal all the Jazz goals and plans for the trade deadline and the remainder of the season.......

Seen this movie before too.

KOC will argue with everyone saying that he's always looking to improve the team. And that he's not just going to make a move just for the sake of making a move.

He'll repeat, "No Comment" at least 50 times.

He'll also manage to avoid every single somewhat difficult question.

Ben Bagley or David Locke will refuse to press KOC (because in a way, he's their boss) and all listeners will leave the interview dumber than before.

If he's really on Kfan today. I'll sum up what he has to say.

* Our goal is to get better, by developing more team Chemistry.
* On the Trade deadline- were take calls but not actively making calls. We love what this team has to offer and how their the darkhorse of the West. (then with 2 minutes to go until the deadlines over, we will hear he traded Ak for Fransico Garcia, to save us from paying the tax this year)
*Then the altima goal, is to win a championship and we have a team very capable of winning this, once they develope that chemistry he talked about earlier. But that this is our year!!(then after Utah loses to the Lakers in the 1st round. He's going to talk about the growth of the team, during the 2nd half of the season. And how excited he is, about this Jazz team going forward!)