What's new

14th Tank Platoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being reported that the deal is Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson, and Hayes for Gay, Acy, and Gray.

Feel bad for Jimmer, this looks like an upgraded version of our golden state trade.

Trade is official I guess.

Killer trade for the Raptors.

Rudy Gay and Cousins on the same team lololololololol

IMHO, seems like Rudy Gay is the type of player Cousins will absolutely HATE. Fair or no?

If Gay bans statsheets from their locker none will know how inefficient Cousins played on the offensive end in addition to the defense

I'm glad we aren't the Cavs.
I'm afraid the Raptors just turned into serious tank competition.

I look at it as the complete opposite. Gay was having a bad year for Toronto. His shooting percentage has been horrible. Now they get a couple of decent players in Vasquez and Patterson. Gay's scoring should be easily replaced by others at a likely increased efficiency. As for Sacramento, who knows? Perhaps the change of scenery resurrects Gay's game. It's a big and EXPENSIVE gamble by the Kings. Perhaps the trade will be good for both teams.

Great deal for the Kings - they're our main tank opponent anyway. Also they're in the West meaning they need all the help they can get to win games. Hopefully Gay can do that.

TOR is gonna be bad for sure, but at least they're in the EAST and this should mean that the likes of MIL will be able to grab a few more wins from them, hopefully?

At the end of the day, we still need to be EXTRA BAD to take this thing out.

I look at it as the complete opposite. Gay was having a bad year for Toronto. His shooting percentage has been horrible. Now they get a couple of decent players in Vasquez and Patterson. Gay's scoring should be easily replaced by others at a likely increased efficiency. As for Sacramento, who knows? Perhaps the change of scenery resurrects Gay's game. It's a big and EXPENSIVE gamble by the Kings. Perhaps the trade will be good for both teams.

I agree FWIW.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

I think that part of the reason that the kings did this trade is because they realized that isiah Thomas is better than Vasquez (at least for the kings) and they want Thomas as their starter.

Thomas was killing us last night.

I think that part of the reason that the kings did this trade is because they realized that isiah Thomas is better than Vasquez (at least for the kings) and they want Thomas as their starter.

Thomas was killing us last night.

Kings got a real bargain for sure...

It will be interesting to see how they share the ball in Sacto. Thomas dominates the ball, Mclemore and Gay are volume shooters, and Cousins is going to demand touches.

Also interesting what the Kings will do at back-up a pg. Jimmer has only played 72 minutes in 6 games this season, the other pg is rookie Ray McCallum out of Detroit who has played in only 1 game.

I kind of think they will do another trade to address pg. I suspect Jimmer will be moving soon....do you think the Kings like John Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.